John Wilson 25th Anniversary Ltd Edition Rod

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I still have one of the original JW Avon rods, the MkI so to speak.

It came with two top sections an "avon" top and a sliced-in quiver top section as well

It was a damned good rod in its' day but material advancements overtook it relatively swiftly.

retrobob

Reaction score
I bought one last year mainly for use on the river and it has caught me a decent amount of chub. On Sunday I used it as my "other" rod when mainly float fishing. Just hair rigged a couple of small boilies straigt on a bolt rig and it yielded a lovely fully scaled mirror that still has its winter colours so it looked a shiney gold colour! It weight 15lb and put up a decent fight, the rod had a satistlfying through curve and didn't feel out of its depth. I love it! Still haven't gotten around to getting a bigger reel though, fairly light float reel doesn't balance well.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I bought one last year mainly for use on the river and it has caught me a decent amount of chub. On Sunday I used it as my "other" rod when mainly float fishing. Just hair rigged a couple of small boilies straigt on a bolt rig and it yielded a lovely fully scaled mirror that still has its winter colours so it looked a shiney gold colour! It weight 15lb and put up a decent fight, the rod had a satistlfying through curve and didn't feel out of its depth. I love it! Still haven't gotten around to getting a bigger reel though, fairly light float reel doesn't balance well.

is that the 1.25 TC with 3 tip or the one in the link with a 1.25tc and 1.75tc and 2 spliced tips?

sussex river man

Reaction score
Hello sorry for posting on a old thread, but was wondering if anyone bought one of these in the end? if so what are the verdicts?
cheers.