finally given in

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Preston Innovations Quick Bander – Chapmans Angling
Quick bander

and bought 1

After years of struggling to put pellets in bands by hand (yes I'm useless and you can all do it in 2 seconds) I borrowed a mates quick bander after thinking them another gimmick to part anglers and their cash and found how much easier it makes the job

I should point out other banders from other manufacturers are available
in fact I've got 2 - one of which is not a Preston but still works fine

big bad barry

Reaction score
Hi Lord Paul, are they that good, thinking of buying one of those yellow floating jobs, never used banded pellets before so it could be quite a task without one!
Martin

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
They are an excellent piece of kit.

I have used mine for years and think it really saves a lot of time when baiting.

One of the year's best buys in my book.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
totally agree with PJ

for years I considered them a gizmo that I'd buy and use once then throw with all the other stuff I've bought and found useless

but they are good - you can ban a pellet in seconds

sagalout

Reaction score
ban a pellet in seconds
Yes but once he is banned you won't be able to use his name again!

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

I have been using that type of bander for a few years, I bought a couple of cheap ones of ebay (currently £2.50'ish upwards)and they are fine, not much to go wrong with them. The yellow floating ringers one at £6 seems a bit over priced.

B

binka

I have used a pellet bander in the past, but I find a lasso hair rig far quicker and it retains the pellet for much longer. If you are not familar with the "Lasso" this clip is instuctive; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug7NmeLxklY. Pete.

I used to tie the lasso when I first began using pellets Pete but I reckon I never mastered it as I found the loop difficult to re-open and would sometimes just come apart during the process.

It's a good one to learn though if you can get it right.

Bands with a bander or hairs for me nowadays.

bracket

Reaction score
I used to tie the lasso when I first began using pellets Pete but I reckon I never mastered it as I found the loop difficult to re-open and would sometimes just come apart during the process.

It's a good one to learn though if you can get it right.

Bands with a bander or hairs for me nowadays.

binka. I have never had a problem tying the loop. I mostly use a 8mm pellet and find a 10mm knitting needle ideal to open the loop up enough to easily rebait.

bracket

Reaction score
Doesn't the hook get caught in your knitting?

Peter. Hook getting caught in the knitting? You need to bone up on your domestic skills. I think you are rather confussing crocheting with knitting my friend. Funny you should mention knitting thought. When I was 7 years old, my mother started to teach me to knit. I began with a scarf. Unfortunately she never showed me how to cast off. The scarf is now 200 yards long and still growing. Pete.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I always open the band using forceps easy peasy

I get through two or three pellets a session this way so I might have to cut back or use superglue.

john step

Reaction score
OK...Let me confess. I have used pellet bands occasionally to hold hard pellets but they never seem to stay put. It is a method I have avoided for this reason and I may be missing out on this useful method. I obviously am doing something wrong??
I usually feed the hard ones and hook the soft ones.
I do superglue hard ones to a hair also though.

Let me ask.. do you nick the hook under the band or THROUGH the rubber to secure it. Or do you use a new band very frequently as they seem to disappear of the hook with regularity for me whenever I have tried.

What am I missing/doing wrong.

Your, confused of Lincs.

john step

Reaction score
Thanks. I knew I was missing the point somehow. I will tie up some on a hair and give it a go.
It will be like the mini (10 MM) boilies I like on a hair I guess.

Ordered some. Thanks will post results.

Last edited: