Liquidised sweet corn

seth49

Reaction score
Watching some fishing videos on utube, came across one were they were using liquidised corn plus some evaporated milk to cloud the water, so there's plenty of scent but not much food content.
So before I went fishing yesterday I made some up with defrosted corn and evaporated milk, got it from lidl so cheap enough. There tinned corn is good too.
So when I arrived at my swim yesterday I dropped some in the margins, tackled up and started fishing used a ten ft float rod and centrepin reel.
Fished corn virtually under rod tip, result six crucians plus roach and skimmers.
Easily my best catch of crucians generally only get the odd one two.
I moved after a couple of hours as the wind got up and made it uncomfortable,
Cold too so I moved to the next pond which was sheltered, caught more bream and skimmers plus a few roach and one more crucian.
Best crucian about a pound in weight.
Will definitely try this again.

daji

Reaction score
I'm a fan of liquidized sweetcorn. I never use a whole tin and rather than waste it i'll often liquidize it and pop it in the freezer for another session. I always take some with me when tench fishing and find it clouds the water nicely without the need to add evaporated milk. :)

greenie62

Reaction score
I've tried this a few times and found some success with Tench and Bream as well as the Hybrid 'crucians' - both as a groundbait and in the feeder - with more success as a 'method' mix when mixed with a little groundbait mix to thicken it up and fished with sweetcorn kernels as hookbait.

Initial experiments in liquidising thawed sweetcorn gave mixed results - sometimes resulting in a mush. Found best results when using a hand-held liquidiser on frozen corn - noisy but gave a finer grade of particles - had to keep breaking up the resultant grindings as they froze back together! :eek:
Tight Lines!

caelan

Reaction score
YES i have used it many times caught mostly bream on it put plenty in my ground bait for feeder fishing

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It also makes a great binder for your method mix.

nicepix

Reaction score
It also makes a great binder for your method mix.

Especially if some drinking chocolate or coco powder is added. That makes it really sticky.

I prefer to use drinking chocolate powder rather than dried or condensed milk added to groundbait. Just a heaped tablespoon is often enough for a kilo or so of wet mix.

numero09

Reaction score
Has anyone cupped it in or is it mostly being mixed in with groundbait and used in a feeder of some sort?

greenie62

Reaction score
Has anyone cupped it in or is it mostly being mixed in with groundbait and used in a feeder of some sort?

Usually mixed with groundbait in/on feeder - BUT did hear interesting tale yesterday of putting handfulls in whilst exploring a new venue - every likely looking spot on the way down the water then wandering back looking for where the piles had been munched and had left a 'void' on the river bed - then marking that spot to fish later! ;)
One way of using big cheap bags of frozen corn - better than eating the bl***y stuff yourself! :eek:mg:

shane99

Reaction score
Especially if some drinking chocolate or coco powder is added. That makes it really sticky.

I prefer to use drinking chocolate powder rather than dried or condensed milk added to groundbait. Just a heaped tablespoon is often enough for a kilo or so of wet mix.

Have thought that recently when I emptied the dregs of my flask of hot chocolate after a session - very cloudy - you talked me into it nicepix