LIF Fish-In 2015

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I require to give as much notice as poss at work when booking annual leave. As a result, could I please ask that if anyone is planning the LIF fish in, would it be possible to work out the date when possible so I can get it in the diary?

I missed it last year and would really love to make this year's.

Thanks muchly. :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
PJ is our usual "in" on the LIF. If he can get us on I dont mind drumming up support & collecting the money.

When do we normally go ? Before or after Christmas ?

Skip, as you know I've done my bit of helping over the past couple of years but I'm not going to have time with the house move (plus complete redecorating, etc..) this year. Peter and I usually tried to book it for late November/early December. Last year, after I drummed up enough support for a given date I telephoned Lyndsay at the fishery and (if the date is free) she confirmed a block booking for FM and it was agreed that all concerned would 'phone her with their card details - thus not burdening the organiser with any financial outlay. This worked well - give me a pm if you need any further info - also I would be pleased to assist you in some way but not take over the organising this year......

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Thanks Jerry......I am minded to just book a day and be done with it. If anybody doesn't subsequently pay then they can look foward to a public de-bagging in the car park followed by a swim in the weir race. There's not normally any shortage of mugs wanting to go....I could probably list those who will be up for it.

What day of the week do we normally go ? Sunday ?

barbelboi

Reaction score
I believe that Sunday was the most popular with most Skip. Also, after the fishery was booked for the day, members that had 'committed' themselves had a couple of days to pay Lyndsay by card to confirm their booking....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I will arrange it again this year then.

Let's have your best thoughts on date(s) and we will go, as usual, with the concensus.

Note: it has to be after October . . . . . .

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Okay, I will arrange it again this year then.

Let's have your best thoughts on date(s) and we will go, as usual, with the concensus.

Note: it has to be after October . . . . . .

Peter

If you can book the water I'm happy to gather names & d/w the usual old nonsense.

I wouldn't mess about.....lets just pick a date and be done with it.Subject to availibility I would go for any Sunday in November that's free....if there's a choice then go for later in the month.

After the leaf and before other halves start making Christmas noises.

Skippy

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi S-kippy,

Okay, just let me know when and I'll get it booked with Lyndsay.

As I will have to pay when we make the booking it would be good to have the money at least committed by then.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Peter, I wouldn't worry about paying, it's easy enough to 'phone Lyndsey and pay by card, I just have to get the Brother-in Law's contribution which is harder than catching Grayling (or Flounder:))

Any Sunday (from the time the LIF is open for coarse fishing) is good for me.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Peter, I wouldn't worry about paying, it's easy enough to 'phone Lyndsey and pay by card, I just have to get the Brother-in Law's contribution which is harder than catching Grayling (or Flounder:))

Any Sunday (from the time the LIF is open for coarse fishing) is good for me.

Me too - especially if I getting a lift this year...........................;)