Any noticable changes in pattern?

B

binka

I can't believe we're only six weeks into the new season, somehow it seems longer :confused:

Apart from not fishing anywhere near the amount of early evening until dusk sessions as previous seasons I've not had half as many dedicated barbel sessions either although I've been picking 'em up on the stick and some good ones at that, the stick sessions being the thing that have replaced the barbel sessions.

Has anyone noticed any changes to their usual pattern yet?

tincatim

Reaction score
Yes I've not trotted a single stick float yet! My favourite type of fishing and I've not felt compelled to start yet. I've been too preoccupied trying to work out the barbel. The results have been worth it though with chub to 4lb, a couple of 4lb bream and five barbel. I'm glad I stuck to my guns but can definitely feel a day on the stick coming soon.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Yes, I've not got my head right for extended stays and overnight fishing at all. I'm having fun doing little but float fishing, 95% of which has been trotting.

flightliner

Reaction score
I can't believe we're only six weeks into the new season, somehow it seems longer :confused:

Apart from not fishing anywhere near the amount of early evening until dusk sessions as previous seasons I've not had half as many dedicated barbel sessions either although I've been picking 'em up on the stick and some good ones at that, the stick sessions being the thing that have replaced the barbel sessions.

Has anyone noticed any changes to their usual pattern yet?

Weed, lots of weed!:eek:mg:

terry m

Reaction score
Slow, slow start. Both in hours spent fishing (work commitments) and in results.

But, nonetheless whilst out there I am enjoying it and nice to have the self imposed close season abstention behind me.

rubio

Reaction score
I've recently started catching again. That's a nice pattern change.