floating feeder

Reaction score
What you looking at catching with it?

I have a set up for catching roach/chub on the drop using a floating feeder. The method was developed in Sheffield and used to win matches on Damflask (it was called The Loxley Bubble). Unfortunately conditions have never been right when we fished it (plus there are FA roach in there now!).

Ill show you next time we meet.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
was going for carp up in the water when surface feeding is banned - it's banned at the club I joined this year and I thought I might give it a go - conditions need to be right though

robtherake

Reaction score
Made a couple by removing the lead from a medium-sized Drennan cage feeder and replacing it with foam tie-wrapped in place. They won't cast far and drift alarmingly (a small back shot is useful) so are best used with an over-the-shoulder wind. Fairly dry and cloudy mixes seem best; the particles hang around in the upper layers for longer. Experiment with hooklength - I usually start with a couple of feet and work from there. Can be devastating if conditions are right and you remember to pack them:rolleyes:. I'll put a pic up later if I remember.

Well, my memory's worse than I thought. Turns out I mused about doing it as above but instead I Araldited the foam on to a plastic open-ender like so:

Last edited:

hyperdrive

Reaction score
Never tried one, on the odd occasion I have been to a pond carp fishing where surface is not allowed I have just used a 7g splasher waggler to get decent casting distance with about 12" hooklength below the float. Loaded the catty and away I go. Caught quite a few good ones like that.
Not to be confused with the pellet waggler method I read about that looks like too much hard work for me:eek:mg:

caught any mate

Reaction score
i've used one and caught well,but yes you are right conditions have to be cock on,any tow forget it.I've started using an unloaded coil feeder,packed with micros and a few floating expanders,when the fish back off the p/w line,it works well for a few extra fish.