Kamasan 532

trotter2

Reaction score
Just interested if any one else uses these red hooks. I have tried loads of hooks over the years starting with the old mustad hook them the kamasan 520 followed by the popular 560. But I find these 532s excellent hooks strong with a super hook hold for all smaller baits maggots to sweet corn. I started using them for grayling being red, but now its my main go to hook.
I don't find many anglers using them which is a shame but just like to give them the thumbs up.:thumbs:

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm happy to use animals and super spades for the main. In lighter hooks I like several of the mustad range.

john step

Reaction score
Oh dear Senior moment coming up..... Now I know Animal hooks that's easy to remember. As for all these numbers, B this and Gama that and Okey Kokoey the other.
I have to go and look at the empty packets to make sure I re buy what I like:eek:mg::eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Had a look today. The B532 are a bit too long in the shank for my preferences. However, they did have some B560s that look a lot closer to the Drennan Wide Gape Match but with a slightly longer shank and finer guage wire.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Kamasan and Drennen are the same company, just different trading names.

I use several different hooks for different species.

Owner also do some very good hooks

trotter2

Reaction score
The 560 is a popular hook Sam. A lot of the lads use them for dace on the stick will hold a decent chub in open water ok :) Its the hook that's taken (over for some) from the 520 with the match lads