Summer holiday

courtany

Reaction score
Hello each
I'm going on a weeks holiday in July to Bolton le Sands and the Lancaster canal runs at the back of bungalow we're staying in. I was wondering what the normal catch from this stretch would be. I can get a weekly ticket from the post office (just two bridges up) and I've found two tackle shops in Morecambe for bait. Thanks for any help.

Cheers Keith

slaphead

Reaction score
Never fished there myself, but I would assume you will find pike, perch, bream and roach. The tackle shops should provide you with all the info you need.

courtany

Reaction score
Thanks Lee J. It's just that we've been to this place for the last two years without taking my gear and as I've never seen anyone fishing there yet I was wondering why. I'll check out the links.
Cheers Keith

greenie62

Reaction score
Might be worth a look at this link Lancaster Canal | Pike Anglers Club since the PAC have a chunk of the Canal and are doing a 'fishery restoration' project on it. Their site also has links to maps of the canal and a 'virtual tour' might give you an idea of what other stretches look like.
Tight Lines :thumbs:

courtany

Reaction score
Thanks for the links Greenie. I'm checking everything I can and I'll be having a look at the PAC one.
Cheers Keith