Landing Nets

tonya

Reaction score
I've just got myself a new 42" landing net and telescopic handle with a net float. I thought this would make netting easier when on my own. No way, it was like handling a small crane and I don't need a work out. It felt so unbalanced.
I'm fishing a platform about 2ft above the water.
What can i be doing wrong?

hammer_jamie

Reaction score
I'm after a new landing net actually probs around 42" i would have thought, I want the net and pole itself to collapse as small as possible when not in use for easy travel etc.

tonya

Reaction score
Are you lifting the net out using the handle or lifting the net itself - I always lift the net to avoid any strain on the handle if I am landing a decent sized fish
I am lifting the net vertically holding the spreader, Lord Paul. Even when empty, the net is "net heavy" if you see what I mean.

qtaran111

Reaction score
I'm after a new landing net actually probs around 42" i would have thought, I want the net and pole itself to collapse as small as possible when not in use for easy travel etc.

Jamie, I got this one (42") Sonik SKS Landing Net. Quality net, not too expensive, comes with a stuff bag and packs down to nothing. You can just about see it here on the outside of my rod bag:

IMG_5104-M.jpg