Cutting meat

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I've found that tins of luncheon meat cut easier and better if cold

I've found the best way is to take the meat out of the tin then put the meat in the fridge overnight

Then when you cut the meat either with a knife or a meat cutter , such a Preston meat cutter (other cutter are available ) then the meat cuts easier and cleaner

Andy Pet

Reaction score
You cut your meat? That makes sense as I've always used the whole block on a hair rig!

Seriously though, I invested in a MAP meatcutter with a few different blades and I agree, cold meat does cut better. I always clean the fat off too.

Andy Pet

Reaction score
I find leaving the meat cutter on the kitchen worktop afterwards means it's self cleaning properties kick in.

Mines always nice and clean when I return home

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have always cooled luncheon meat in the 'fridge before cutting with a MAP Cutter.

I bought it with 2 other different sizes of blade and it does work exceedingly well ( just like the popular little cakes) but, a word of warning; for those who clean it themselves, the second time I used it managed to badly cut my thumb when washing the damned blade inserts, bad enough for a couple of sutures and it caused me to miss the match that day too . . . . .

Last edited: