Baked Beans

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Mate fishing buddy and I were fishing Sunday - he was using meat balls cut into pieces and across the lake was another angler who is known to tell everyone the "going bait" if he can find out what it is

My mate opened the tin of meat balls and across the lake the other angler was watching carefully - so we started to say how well theses "Baked beans" were catching - you can bet that next week everyone will be using baked beans for bait

But it got me thinking - has anyone tried baked beans

sagalout

Reaction score
I have, without success, that's not to say they don't work. There was an article somewhere about london zoo feeding baked beans to the carp, hang on I'll have a look....no can't find it.

mikench

Reaction score
Were they Campbells meat balls? I quite like those with spaghetti! It would be a bit difficult to hair rig spaghetti;)

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
Not on the hook, but I've used a few cans of baked beans as a top-up for my particle mix when I was running low - sauce and all - and I continued to catch fish, although TBH it would be hard to put the fish off at that particular fishery, so it doesn't tell me that much.

john step

Reaction score
No not tinned baked beans but red kidney beans from the tin. Carp love them.

Any way Milord are you sure he didn't think you meant hasbeens!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad one

Reaction score
Most beans used for bake beans are haricot beans and I know during the particle revolution 70s 80s were used by many carp anglers Hutchy being one of them.