Hartleton Lake, ross on wye

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Anyone know what the ticket situation is for Hartleton lake near Ross on Wye? Tickets on the bank? Or in advance from a shop? Something else?

Might be booking a weekend for a couple of mates nearby - including golf and fishing the wye.... But will likely have a couple of sessions on the lake too if it's easy to get day tickets.

Thanks in advance...
Jim

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Jim. Tickets from Wye angling in Ross.

I do believe they also do them on bank

Its the second lake in from the golf club

Bream and bits and a few tench and carp - rare big carp

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Thank you Graham! On the bank would be great as the house we might be staying in is pretty much on the banks of the lake (and also backs on to the golf course).

greenie62

Reaction score
Sounds like you've got it made there, Jim.

Don't forget to leave some time for eating & drinking :w - you don't need daylight for that! :thumbs:

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Yes greenie, we do two of these weekends every year, been going since my fortieth birthday a few years back when I decided I'd have a fishing weekend away with a couple of mates... year after that, one of that group was getting married and decided to do something similar for his stag do... then the following year, we had the "stagiversary":) Now we seen to manage it twice a year, Spring and Autumn. Been going to a lovely place called Hurst Farm in Shropshire for the last couple of years, however we're looking around now for options that maybe include lake and river fishing, plus it seems like I'm going to be dragged kicking and screaming on to a golf course.... (the other three are somewhat keener than me when it comes to chasing a little ball with awkward bats). Actually, I'm really looking forward to the golf... there's a somewhat competitive element already in the fishing (understatement of the year) so having another aspect to the competitive side will be most welcome.

The only other thing we tend to be a bit picky about is a decent Chinese takeawy on the Saturday night.