Pellet bands

sagalout

Reaction score
I would use a lasso for pellets that small. I think any band will be disproportionate to the size of the pellet.

rayner

Reaction score
I use micro bands from ebay. Chinese bands are 400 for 99p far cheaper than named tackle company bands.
Take a few weeks to come but they are post free.
If you are not from Yorkshire post free may not matter :D
Wouldn't worry about the band showing it doesn't affect roach with banded maggot.

rayner

Reaction score
Personally I use a pair of tweezers that have been filed to a point.
The tweezers hold the band open so a maggot can be slipped in.
Other anglers have their own ideas and I'm sure they work very well but tweezers are better for me.
Banded maggot or caster saves hooking a fresh bait on after a fish is hooked, a lot of anglers think there's not much time wasted hooking a bait on but the time I spend hooking baits the banded caster saves me at least 10% in time, banded baits can hook up to half a dozen fish without being shelled, sometimes more.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have just bought 400 chinese bands, there ain't now way the ones I bought will hold a 4mm pellet.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

If this works it should show the difference between a Drennan micro band and a lasso.
20160731_125503_zpsnpddcppf.jpg

Even if the fish don't mind in my experience it stays in the lasso much better than the band.

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
I don't own or have ever bought band that big, going on the size of your pellet if it's a 4mm then you would need smaller bands. The ones in you picture look like a 4mm band.
Micro bands stretch around a maggot, the bands you have bought would fit as a hat band.
If you prefer a lasso that's OK. I don't.

rayner

Reaction score
Tying hooks this morning and on the packet of bands I have from China it reads, nano orthodontic latex bands.
I would put up a pic but don't know how nor am I prepared to learn.