Duo tip/Multi tip/Twin tip rods/Quiver... question

trotter2

Reaction score
Not an expert on this subject. But using standard tip sections would be better for touch legering imo.
For reading bites in the rest I would think a quiver would be better.
See what others say :)

thecrow

Reaction score
I doubt you will have any problems using the 1.75 top, bites are normally very positive but you might like to use a front rest (one that doesn't trap the line) and hold the rod with the line hooked over your finger, its surprising what you can feel sometimes.

Keith M

Reaction score
I often touch leger for barbel (and chub) and the indications through my fingers are magnified tenfold if I'm not using a Quivertip, especially on a slightly larger river.

I can feel everything through my finger(s) including whether I am fishing on top of gravel or fishing over sand/silt and I can often tell the difference between streamer weed rubbing across my line and a barbel moving over my bait and mouthing it before it screams off.

I find using a Quivertip is fine if I am fishing up close on a smaller river or I am fishing very low and clear water or if I decide to use more than one rod but I can feel indications through my fingers a lot easier and a lot faster when I use a normal avon type rod tip rather than a quivertip.

Plus I can afford to look away from the rodtip and enjoy my surroundings more if I don't need to keep my eyes continually glued to a Quivertip Lol.

Keith

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
If you leave your rods set up after fishing the chances are one of these tops will never be used. So do you need this type of rod? I would suggest you buy 2 rods one quiver top and one not.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I believe that in most cases, a barbel on the wye will give you a decent enough indication. Sometimes the "three foot twitch", other times just a gentle nodding - either way, unmissable.

Chub too, in my experience seem to hammer the bait on the wye and give massive hits on the bite.