Old Nene at March

robcourt82

Reaction score
Evening all, can anyone point me in the right direction for access to the town centre. Can't find any info on parking etc. Am I right in thinking the "nene parade" is the correct side to aim for?

Many thanks
Rob

Damn autocorrect obviously this should have been titled the old nene at march

sagalout

Reaction score
I was that confused I nearly put me gin down. Old me been for some time now.

robcourt82

Reaction score
Lol if you'd knocked a couple of doubles back you may have known what I was going on about! :w:w

robcourt82

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I did edit the waffle from inside the thread but couldn't change the title for some reason.... maybe it's me that needs a drink!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Your original post asks for access to the town centre? Nene parade is on the opposite side of the river from the town.. Looking at google maps street view, nene parade runs parallel on the riverbank but is quite narrow but there are parking spaces.
Looks really nice in the pictures. There are also some vids on YouTube with Bob Nudd et al match fishing on the river/ canal....???

robcourt82

Reaction score
Hi Peter, there is loads of info on the actual fishing but I can't find anything regarding access. Going tomorrow so will head for the town centre, find somewhere to park and take it from there.

robcourt82

Reaction score
Just an update for anyone who's interested.

We found our way to a part of the river where there were 3 disabled pegs and plenty of other pegs on what is the opposite bank to what Google maps shows as the nene parade.
There was loads of parking and a short easy walk. Some of the pegs were a bit slippery to get down the bank but were pretty comfortable once down there.
As for the fishing well if if you like simple cheap fishing and caching loads of roach then it's well worth a pleasure day. I had 21lb of roach on punch and hemp fishing no more than 8m.
Definitely recommend it.