Hyper Sensor vs Sensor

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the 2 lines? Is there any noticeable difference between the 2 i.e. line lay, abrasion, memory

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Thanks for the link but it doesn't answer my question as its confused with ultima and then advises on various locations of line manufacturers - I did find that thread hence my question.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Mmm.....well to be honest I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's the same line relaunched,

The old sensor they did 3 and 4 lb line, the supposedly new sensor they now apparently only go down to 5 lb.

Another factor that needs looking and thinking about is :

The 3 lb original is 0.18 mm and the new hyper of 5 lb is also 0.18 mm aswell :rolleyes:

Most other 3 lb lines are about 0.15-16mm whereas the original 3 lb maybe a tad thicker in diameter compared to other lines but personally I think I'd rather stick with the original :thumbs:

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most other 3 lb lines are about 0.15-16mm whereas the original 3 lb maybe a tad thicker in diameter compared to other lines but personally I think I'd rather stick with the original :thumbs:

I've never used the hyper sensor and am well happy with the original version so like yourself Stuart I just stick with that :).

If I want a finer line near the hook I just add a low diameter bottom, usually silstar match or prestons.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Andy

I guess the question is - "is it broke"? To my mind, original Sensor is a great product - cheap, effective, reliable. There are lines on the market with less memory, there are lines on the market that are lower diameter, there are lines on the market that are less visible... however, I'm not convinced that any of the parameters above - which all subsequently carry a higher price tag - would result in me catching any more fish. So I will carry on using Sensor - dark brown springy shiny original - until I feel there's a good reason to change.

(The last twelve inches before the hook is a different matter, I'm a sucker for anything then! :))