Rod licence

thecrow

Reaction score
The EA have got a f******g cheek charging this fishing tax, they do nothing for anglers who are just a cash cow, getting caught fishing without having paid it is treated worse than mugging an OAP in this country and now with the involvement of the wangling trust they have had the cheek to increase the prices although I doubt there will be any increase in the service that anglers receive.

mikench

Reaction score
You are probably right but that jibe applies equally imho to nearly all aspects of government. All the waters I fish are privately owned and maintained.

Whoever you vote for the Government always gets in!;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You are probably right but that jibe applies equally imho to nearly all aspects of government. All the waters I fish are privately owned and maintained.

Whoever you vote for the Government always gets in!;)

Pity TRUMP isn't our government leader :D.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I believe that the E.A is still a non-departmental public body (NDPB). NDPBs are not an integral part of any government department and carry out their work at arm's length from ministers.

As far the staff cut are concerned, they still have 11,200 employee's hardly understaffed! when compared to the USA's EPA which is staffed by (15,900) and responsible for land area 80 times the size of the UK.

When you look at the cost of the EA and where the money is actually spent £395 million on staff (£592 million including pensions) compared to £219 million on capital projects, and just £20 million on maintaining rivers. its easy to see why we are in the state we are with flooding and flood defence's ............

robtherake

Reaction score
Pity TRUMP isn't our government leader :D.

The same bloke who thinks "Environmentalism is out of control" and proposes to allow coal and fracking waste to be dumped directly into both waterways and ocean? There's be precious little river fishing left with that fool at the helm.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The same bloke who thinks "Environmentalism is out of control" and proposes to allow coal and fracking waste to be dumped directly into both waterways and ocean? There's be precious little river fishing left with that fool at the helm.

He's far from being a fool Rob. His opposition are spreading constant bullshine about him trying to discredit him so I wouldn't believe all you hear.

robtherake

Reaction score
He's far from being a fool Rob. His opposition are spreading constant bullshine about him trying to discredit him so I wouldn't believe all you hear.

It's a very different view from the other side of the fence, Ian. We'll have to agree to differ.

theartist

Reaction score
People say he's got connections but those actors and actresses have been having digs at him in awards ceremonies and nothing weird has happened at all :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a very different view from the other side of the fence, Ian. We'll have to agree to differ.

I know quite a lot of Yank's and every one of 'em think he's the best thing for them....they all hated Obama....not as much as crow hates the EA though :D.

fishface1

Reaction score
I know quite a lot of Yank's and every one of 'em think he's the best thing for them....they all hated Obama....

Do they all have what appears to be a rash between their heads and their bodies?

:wh

fishface1

Reaction score
Occasionally...

If I've fallen asleep on my unhooking mat.

rich66

Reaction score
I know quite a lot of Yank's and every one of 'em think he's the best thing for them....they all hated Obama....not as much as crow hates the EA though :D.

Must admit my relatives etc over there all hated Obama too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no-one in particular

Reaction score
What about an environmental tax on fishing gear, the more you fish the more tackle you buy, the more you pay. 1% should cover it, it will apply to sea anglers as well which is where some think they should pay something. Seems a fairer way of collecting this levy than present; this license is just a pain in the .... , policing , collecting it ect, its out of date, unjustifiable mostly, ridiculous fines, court/police time, all whipped up to silliness these days. Wouldnt have this with a levy. It doesn't have to be just fishing either, other environmental hobbies could pay this on their goods as well like canoes.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
What about an environmental tax on fishing gear, the more you fish the more tackle you buy, the more you pay. 1% should cover it, it will apply to sea anglers as well which is where some think they should pay something. Seems a fairer way of collecting this levy than present; this license is just a pain in the .... , policing , collecting it ect, its out of date, unjustifiable mostly. It doesn't have to be just fishing either, other environmental hobbies could pay this on their goods as well like canoes.

that is just not fair on Binka!:)

greenie62

Reaction score
What about an environmental tax on fishing gear, the more you fish the more tackle you buy, the more you pay. 1% should cover it, it will apply to sea anglers as well which is where some think they should pay something. ...... It doesn't have to be just fishing either, other environmental hobbies could pay this on their goods as well....

We already pay this - it's called VAT - and at a rate considerably more than 1%!
The point really is that the money - already collected - should be spent on the target of the purchases made. :)