Coarse fishing excell/conditions program

no-one in particular

Reaction score
After discussing this on the "keeping a journal thread" I decided to see if I could get my excel program online. After looking at several adverts that wanted to charge me $400 for the privilege I started to look at some tutorials on you tube. It took me all afternoon and a severe headache but I seemed to have managed it. It needs some fine tuning, fit is a problem but I will have to look at that another day and I have no idea if it will work but anyway its there if anyone wants to try it. Its free and no advertising and I wont know who tries it and it just gives an idea but well; you never know, might help someone.. It seems to take a while to load up so you might have to be a patient.

https://fishingweathergb.yolasite.com/

Last edited:

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
I've just had a little play and apparently Tuesday is going to be best for Chub at 83% followed by Roach at 68%.

I'll let you know how I get on (although the chances of a Chevin are actually closer to 0% since the lake doesn't have any!!)

Curious to know how the predictions live up to YOUR actual experiences.

To some extent it could all be a bit self fulfilling - the chart says it's best to fish for Roach, so you do, and you catch them ('cos you're targeting them) hence the data eventually becomes skewed. Just a thought.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I've just had a little play and apparently Tuesday is going to be best for Chub at 83% followed by Roach at 68%.

I'll let you know how I get on (although the chances of a Chevin are actually closer to 0% since the lake doesn't have any!!)

Curious to know how the predictions live up to YOUR actual experiences.

To some extent it could all be a bit self fulfilling - the chart says it's best to fish for Roach, so you do, and you catch them ('cos you're targeting them) hence the data eventually becomes skewed. Just a thought.

Good questions, would you be tempted to try a river if chub where at 83%? That's how I use it, gives me a best option; could you be missing a good chance of a good days chub fishing, its possible..I am glad you toyed it, I am not a teacher so getting the balance right and not over explaining it and making it seem complicated and not explaining how to use it enough is not my forte so I am glad someones managed it. Success in my own fishing - best I give you a run down. I keep a rough score out of ten in my notes for the days fishing. Comparing average scores for any like period before and after using this the average scores are higher.. sort of 2, 3 and 4's to 5, 6 and 7's. Still have plenty of blanks, cannot account for sudden drops in temperatures, swims being trashed out etc and sometimes the wrong species but on average a good improvement. And some times some very good days that I put down to this, left to my own devices, would I have chosen to fish for that species at that venue and have had a very good day; probably not in most cases, occasionally by chance sometimes, got lucky! but not as often.
I understand what you mean about self fulfilling, good point, if I was targeting a species I would be more likely to catch that species anyway regardless of any predictive system. However, they would still have to be in feeding mode no matter how well I targeted them so, not sure where I stand on that.
I have worked on several versions over the years and this one achieves the best results and I am not expecting anyone to believe me but its there if anyone wants to check it out, give it a chance though, judge it over at least a bit of time. Its free, the website does not cost me any money and I might see if I can put it on a free app sometime. I think this technology is truly amazing; very clever people must have worked all this out; a nod to them.

Last edited: