Stillwaters in the Hereford/ Ross/ Hay on Wye area

sagalout

Reaction score
These might all be a bit south for you but because I live near Ross they are close to me.

Cinderford area is well covered by the Royal Forest of Dean Angling Club 35 knicker per annum I think Royal Forest of Dean Angling Club I am a member of this club and I like Lightmoor, Meadowcliffe (Canadian pond weed is a problem here) and Waterloo Screens (a lot of lilies here)

There is Pixley Fisheries.co.uk - Pixley Pools Fishery, near Ledbury, Herefordshire I have fished this (£5 per day, £50 per year) all carp 6-8lb thousands of 'em, strange system having to ring to ask to fish and get the gate code.

Cannop ponds https://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/englandgloucestershirenoforestforestofdeancannop Yorkley angling club I think.

Andys Lake Andys Lake Directions

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Phil.
What are you looking for specifically. What species and water type.

Tench is not easy. Few waters with low density but hard and maybe just into df.

Birmingham A A have plenty of waters bit further away with better chances...Shropshire, upper Worcester. Etc.

There are a multitude of carp lake, many small. Some full of silvers and decent perch.

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback gents. I'd prefer mixed fishing if possible, not a big fan of out and out carp pools.
Tench and perch would be nice