FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > FRESHWATER FISHING FORUMS > Coarse Fishing
Register Forums Blogs Classifieds FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2009, 21:13

PAUL GRIFFITHS 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

great place shame about the location cant beleive no 1 mentioned the bream i was fishing 4 carp on the surface n ad about 20 bream up 2 about 8lb feeding on my dog bics nether did catch any carp but had plenty of jack pike n seen bigger n was baiting up 4 a while but only every saw tench over the bait so nether fihed it
Old 20-05-2009, 20:58

pete  matthews  is an unknown quantity at this point

has any one got any idea what is in the top reserz or good spots to fish on the top reserz thinkin about fishing it soon any suggestion welcome
Old 28-04-2011, 22:08

chopaxepiece is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Debdale Park Reservoirs

I'm from gorton myself..I've fished debdale a good few times

now if im honest, its a complete **** hole. even before they tried to revamp it.
years ago..mid 90s was a good run for ya money, they stopped charging because it just became pointless, no one paid, water was always full of shopping trolleys, tyres and the odd car or 2.

as for groups of lads, i can imagine it to be true...i'd stay clear of this water, its been **** for years.

there is no good spots as its just a huge deep pit...easily 30+ foot deep and that's not even in the centre...all cobbled bed so snags are a high.

as for fish? I'm not sure on numbers but i cant imagine it being stocked well, guess they are letting the fish just multiply and that's that.

Its merely used as a boating lake now a days for the cadets etc, and in summer kids go swimming. the water edge is about 40 ft from the bank on 80% of the water where it had been drained and not filled back up to its max...

the top reservoir in my opinion is even worse. fish minimal has it was drained to almost 80% of its size..you could walk right across the middle from the path in the centre of the 2 lakes right upto the end near the golf course...good thing about the bed is its all silt.

out of 10 id have to say its struggling to warrant a 2. its a really really hard water and if you catch anything of size, get those lottery numbers on.
Old 21-07-2011, 08:41

muffins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopaxepiece View Post
I'm from gorton myself..I've fished debdale a good few times

now if I'm honest, its a complete **** hole. even before they tried to revamp it.
years ago..mid 90s was a good run for ya money, they stopped charging because it just became pointless, no one paid, water was always full of shopping trolleys, tyres and the odd car or 2.

as for groups of lads, i can imagine it to be true...i'd stay clear of this water, its been **** for years.

there is no good spots as its just a huge deep pit...easily 30+ foot deep and that's not even in the centre...all cobbled bed so snags are a high.

as for fish? I'm not sure on numbers but i cant imagine it being stocked well, guess they are letting the fish just multiply and that's that.

Its merely used as a boating lake now a days for the cadets etc, and in summer kids go swimming. the water edge is about 40 ft from the bank on 80% of the water where it had been drained and not filled back up to its max...

the top reservoir in my opinion is even worse. fish minimal has it was drained to almost 80% of its size..you could walk right across the middle from the path in the centre of the 2 lakes right upto the end near the golf course...good thing about the bed is its all silt.

out of 10 id have to say its struggling to warrant a 2. its a really really hard water and if you catch anything of size, get those lottery numbers on.
ignore this numpty. on not one bit of the rez is the waters edge. 40ft from the bank. as for it being drained next to nothing and the person saying fish stocks are minimal. yes it was drained but more than enough water left in for the fish. only the shallows at the bottom end. were empty so from the middle of the rez to the dam wall. all that was still full of water so at least 18 acres of water was still left. plenty of fish in the place, just gin clear and full of naturals. give me a carp from hear any day, rather than some poor fish thats got no mouth left and i's own silly name due to angling pressure. granted debdale is not for everybody, but it's got some huge pottential to throw up some cracking fish. i've witnessed and caught many from the place.
Old 22-07-2011, 19:06

uscarper is on a distinguished road

I know i'm not fishing in this area, or even on the same continent for that matter, but let someone put there dog on me for fun. they will be toteing their dog home in a plastic garbage bag with a rather large hole in its head where its brains once were. I like dogs, have had them in the past. but this would not be tolerated here. harassment of this kind would at the very least result in a large fine, possibly jail time. as for their dog, police would say sorry about your luck. even if i did nothing to their dog. the police would take it and put it down. fishing here no one really harasses you but hunting sometimes people do. 1 phone call to the police and game warden and they wont harass you any more. this is takin very seriously in my area.

Last edited by uscarper; 22-07-2011 at 19:19.