cat meat ground bait

peter allott

Reaction score
i read about a cat food ground bait some months ago but havent seen it an any tackle shops.can any one help!

F

Fish Hawk

Buy a tin of Kitty Kat and mix it with crumb. Also very good molded as a hook bait for carp and bream.
(Well it was 50 years ago when I first used it!)

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
The write-up was in the Angling Times, and the ground-bait was the concuction of a guy who wanted a working ground- bait (GB) for Bream.

He was mixing Coshida cat food with crumb and putting the lot through a riddle at least twice to make sure the cat food was broken down and the juices absorbed by the crumb. If you get it right the GB will be on the dry side and will explode from a feeder, a lively mix.

He had been catching some large bags of Bream using the above mix, but I've had huge bags of Bream using just Brown Crumb and Sweetcorn.

B

Brynn Dovey

Not certain ,but I think it was made by cats and dogs(no,really!!!)

peter allott

Reaction score
thanks everyone its just im off to white acres in may and theyve banned cat meat.so i wanted the ground bait to make paste with but ive now learned that you cant use paste only for pleasure and in the rover match.problem is they dont know how to fish with it so theyve spit the dummy out (teehee).

jamesy b

Reaction score
i herd that linseed oil is mix in ground bait will it harm the fish

N

NottmDon

Try the cat food gravy made by a well known groundbait mfg,use it as the liquid when making paste or flavour various baits with it neat. It really is very good. Cat food is something that actually turns my stomach at the best of times (not that I have eaten any by the way) so I cannot bring myself to fish with it even though fish do seem to love the stuff.