Campsite on the banks of a Canal or River ?

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

I'm looking for a campsite

The ideal scenario is to have direct access to a canal that doesnt have a close season, that i can fish on a day ticket or for free ;)

Failing that, a river or canal that does enjoy a close season & i will have to go after 16th June :(

Area - Anywhere thats within 2-3 hours of Kent.
Campsite - Small & quiet would be the ideal (just me the missus & Dog in a tent), but must have at least showers & toilets.

I can find very little in Kent so having to spread my wings a little.

Any info gratefully recieved :)

NB : I will also consider a stillwater as a last resort, so if anyone aware of any gems, where i can dangle my very underused waggler, i'm happy to take the info aswell

Last edited:

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
How about this place, not so sure about the peace and quiet mind you but it is soooo handy for the shops to keep the Missus occupied and maybe slip a few quid to the parkeeper in Regents Park to not notice your tent, much much cheaper than those posh hotels down Mayfair way. :j

paul123

Reaction score
Sandyballs

I have tried this which Mark Wintle has suggested; a long time ago but, some good fishing on the river avon.
Also Horam Manor near Eastbourne Sussex used to do camping . Dont know if they still do but, Has several lakes. Check it out on internet maybe.

Last edited:

phil level

Reaction score

paul123

Reaction score
Just another one

Just thought of another one. Frant lakes in Kent. A lovely fishery in the weald of kent. 8/9 lakes. You can camp here but I do not know what the facilities are. Its near Frant which is near Tonbridge.

stravic

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is to far to travel, there is St Ives in Cambridgeshire in the surrounding area you have at least two caravan/camping sites near river Ouse,pits, and lakes,picturesque area,plenty of pubs,Cambridge not to far away or Ely or the fens and a tackle shop in Huntingdon who are helpful.