Wanted Shimano Diaflash Pole Spares

nottskev

Reaction score
Hello I'm after top kits, or possibly whole pole, to keep one of these vintage creations running. Someone has one gathering dust in the garage! Will collect within an hour or so of Nottingham. Cheers.

rob48

Reaction score
Hi mate, just noticed your post.
I've got a 14m complete and a 12.5m minus no.7 section if you're interested.
I'm in Burntwood near Lichfield.

nottskev

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I'm more in need of the thinner sections than the thicker ones. Your 12.5m one; the number 7 section is the 8 to 9+ m one, I think, and I can do without that. Can you give me an idea what kind of condition it's in? I'm short of number 2 sections so any extra top kits would be welcome. What kind of price are you looking for?

Cheers, Kevin

rob48

Reaction score
Just checked, it's 11.5 not 12.5 m that's missing the No.7
The 14.5 is complete.
One repair to one of the no.3s and reinforcement wraps on some of the female sections, otherwise expected joint wear for a pole that was last made over 20 years ago, or is it thirty?
I won't let just the tops go as that renders the rest of the pole redundant (you said you were interested in a complete pole initially).
If you want to make an offer it's up to you.

nottskev

Reaction score
Hi. Sorry, it gets confusing, with two poles and various spares and repairs. Yes, I would be interested in a suitable complete pole. In my last email I said I was interested in the shorter one, whether 11.5 m or 12.5m, don't mind about the missing section, and asked what top kits were with it, what nick it's in and what you wanted for it. My fault if that wasn't clear. You're right, it's an old model. The 14m and 12.5m versions I'm using were bought in 1995, and by a combination of luck, care, avoiding carp, and a lot of Jointsave, they're still going strong and have no repairs or wraps. Some of my mates have spent thousands on poles in that time and I get a kick out of keeping these going. I'm not sure from your reply which pole has the repaired 3 section. or what top kits come with the 11.5m pole so I don't know what to offer. But thanks for taking the trouble to reply.