Toed Moen's Autumn Steelhead film

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Proper, grown-up, no sleeping on the job, sitting back to await events with a can, fishing beautifully shot here. Fishing as done by no-whine anglers with a passion for wild fish in wild places. Enough to give Anglers and Angling a half-good name.

[ame=http://youtu.be/NYTEizJXmI8]FALL RUN by Todd Moen - Steelhead Fly Fishing - YouTube[/ame]

Reaction score
Paul

You post some links to some great films, which I am sure many FM members appreciate.

But why do you have to do it with accompanying cynical digs?

You wrote "Proper, grown-up, no sleeping on the job, sitting back to await events with a can, fishing beautifully shot here. Fishing as done by no-whine anglers with a passion for wild fish in wild places. Enough to give Anglers and Angling a half-good name."

Take out your little digs and it reads, "Proper, grown-up fishing, beautifully shot here. Fishing as done by anglers with a passion for wild fish in wild places. Enough to give Anglers and Angling a good name.

So much more positive don't you think? Does exactly what it says on the tin and insults nobody.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Paul

You post some links to some great films, which I am sure many FM members appreciate.

But why do you have to do it with accompanying cynical digs?

You wrote "Proper, grown-up, no sleeping on the job, sitting back to await events with a can, fishing beautifully shot here. Fishing as done by no-whine anglers with a passion for wild fish in wild places. Enough to give Anglers and Angling a half-good name."

Take out your little digs and it reads, "Proper, grown-up fishing, beautifully shot here. Fishing as done by anglers with a passion for wild fish in wild places. Enough to give Anglers and Angling a good name.

So much more positive don't you think? Does exactly what it says on the tin and insults nobody.

I couldn't care a flying fig for chippy little serial done-nothings like you, Cork It.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I once had a old school chum who owned a chippy - splendid chap - his girlfriend of the time could suck a pickled egg through a straw, he lost is left nostril when getting the chips out of the deep fat frier and once flew up his nose

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm chippy?

You haven't a figging clue about what I've done or not done. Boote it.

It only takes a handful of no-name malcontents serially hitting on a site member who regularly posts stuff that makes this site worth a visit to many Anglers of all disciplines from all over the world to make it look parochial, even a rather sad, "What's up with those Brits?" joke. Pity.

Reaction score
It is a great link. I enjoyed the film, it shows what angling is all about and encompasses why we do it. A couple of guys walking the walk - I'm sure what we would all rather be doing instead of working the work in our perspective jobs and businesses.

Paul, it would just be nice if you could post this stuff with out your added baggage. You may have intended a joke - all I can say is don't go into stand up, your delivery is terrible.

P.S. My club would have taken their cards for fishing irresponsibly too close to snags.

sam vimes

Reaction score
It only takes a handful of no-name malcontents serially hitting on a site member who regularly posts stuff that makes this site worth a visit to many Anglers of all disciplines from all over the world to make it look parochial, even a rather sad, "What's up with those Brits?" joke. Pity.

Paul, if you and your legion of non-contributing, entirely invisible, foreign fans are so discontented with this, or any other forum, why on earth don't you set up your own forum (or blog)? You could then say what you like, when you like, and be as disparaging as you like about anyone, without any fear of them getting "chippy" with you. You'd certainly get to know fairly quickly if anyone really does value your posting and exactly how many it applies to. If anyone was so stupid or desperate as to follow you, for whatever reason, you could ban them at a stroke. It would also prove once and for all if anyone is actually following you around forum land, rather than the alternative proposition of you being the not entirely blameless common denominator in your serial forum fall outs and bannings.

I apologise for breaking my self imposed rule of not engaging with you in any way, shape or form. I will return to that rule forthwith. I also promise that I will not visit www.paulboote.com/forums. I wish you well with it.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Very eloquent Sam and I totally agree , I am bored silly by the no-name , knuckle dragging , chippy "put-downs" , if only Paul had any discernible sense of humour he might be less offensive.

Reaction score
Tomorrow I have taken the day off from work to embark on my own little fishing adventure, on an unknown water, with good friends, targeting a species that I don't fish for much I will be doing similar next week, but taking my son, who is becoming a great fishing buddy.

PS. Good post Sam. Brief, concise and to the point, written in plain English so that it can be understood by a wide audience.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On the other hand, you lads could start, say, a Yorkshire Grousers or Trans-Pennine Glums United in Hate Forum? After all that part of England seems to be where a lot of the nonsense we see here comes from.

Very nice film the one I posted earlier. Not merely about the hooking of fish in some pretty places but about the very same sort of sharing and co-operation that has always accompanied my own sort of Angling, both on and off the riverbank. Some wise, well-adjusted people in that film in addition to its two extremely fine fly fishers, I reckon.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Paul - have you been to the grim north - not the nice parts like Richmond or Harrogate but the bleak north - Hull , where packs of scurvy dogs rule the streets demanding dogs treat as a toll for using the pavements. Or Rotherham, where a woman is considered posh she don't wear ski pants or is a granny by the age of 28

That why all the chipper northern blokes on here are so bitter, they have to live knowing that those in the sunny south have a much better time - carry one posting Paul and don't let these guy grind you down.

I'd hate to think of you in your little cottage, watching youtube videos and shedding a tear at the hurtful things they say about you. I'm sure myself and your old school chum appreciate what you have done in the past and what you continue to do

Your evanescent friend Lord Paul

Last edited:
Reaction score
By eck, it's grim up north. I wish ad learned to right and spell proper like them suthon public school types then I wunt be retired an penniless livin in a bungalo that int mine wi no proper incum other than that from t' state. If a wont northern an uneducated a mightave bin able to mek me own bisnis and earn enough money so that I ad a car to go fishin in, so that a dint av to gu on t bus or scrounj lifts offer t' other people and be able to gu ont fishin adventures. Maybees ad be able to retire and liv t' dream like them southern types.

nicepix

Reaction score
Don't you just love it when someone accuses another of having done nothing without knowing a thing about them? Especially when the accuser hasn't exactly done much themselves, other than selfishly indulge themselves in their hobby at the expense of family life and employment, and subsequently find themselves unable to pursue their hobby other than via the Internet.

There is more to life than fishing. And raising a family, becoming educated (as opposed to receiving an education), starting and running your own business for many years and having an active social life might count more in the scheme of things than a few uncorroborated fishing tall tales.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eh?

Try steelheading. I have (western Pacific rainforests of southern Chile that are very similar to those of the Pacific North West featured in the movie; you expect an elf or something Middle Earthy to appear at almost any moment, no orcs or trolls thankfully). Fish to 23 pounds that'll clean your reel and any fire or dark obsession that you have in your head.

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
Eh?

Try steelheading. I have (western Pacific rainforests of southern Chile that are very similar to those of the Pacific North West featured in the movie; you expect an elf or something Middle Earthy to appear at almost any moment, no orcs or trolls thankfully). Fish to 23 pounds that'll clean your reel and any fire or dark obsession that you have in your head.

While you were focused on such important things that warrant our lifelong worship I was probably doing nothing as you implied. Taking a loaded firearm off a criminal, locking five up for murder on my own, trying to resuscitate road crash victims. That sort of nothing,

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your career choice.

[ame=http://youtu.be/z7nfQsi0Rl8]JOHN LYDON BUTTER COMMERCIAL 'No 2' !!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]