Severn Barrage 'Dead in the Water'

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: Severn Barrage 'Dead in the Water'

Good news. Madness in this day and age, the barrage idea. Meanwhile, in the States, they're tearing dams down by the dozen - big ones on once-great steelhead and salmon rivers to permit the fish to run once more, little(ish) ones out in the boondocks like here -

North Carolina's Lassiter Mill Dam Removed - YouTube

Long may this continue.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

A real victory for conservation and common sense.
The problem with commercial schemes like this is not only do they have no regard for the long term damage they cause in the pursuit of instant profit they also waste the time of the scientists drafted in to provide the evidence to oppose them when they could be better employed searching for sensible solutions to world power shortages and reliance on fossil fuels.

B

binka

I'm currently watching Question Time from Wrexham and a question was posed regarding fracking.

Interesting that Peter Hain (Labour) responded with a general comment regarding renewable energy and openly declared...

"I would build the Severn Barrage".

Not a political post as such but in relation to angling and as someone who would be unaffected myself I wondered how that sits with some people?

Windy

Reaction score

....Not a political post as such but in relation to angling and as someone who would be unaffected myself I wondered how that sits with some people?

He's an idiot. Not a political observation, party irrelevant, he's a long term terminal buffoon.

But then most of them* are, aren't they....

C'est la vie.

He probably speaks very highly of me in private too :eek:mg: :wh

* Politicians that is

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Seriously tho, good news and a victory for common sense for once.