Review: Oakley Fuel Cell Woodland Camo Sunglasses

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Fuel cell? Where's the output socket?

Plutonite? Sweet deities, beam me up!

File next to "Atomic sub-station baked beans" and carry on peering through Boots Clip-ons.

thecrow

Reaction score
I thought these might be for fish spotting in the dark when the "fuel cell" powered the night vision polarised lenses, unfortunately its just advertising testicles :D

greenie62

Reaction score
File next to "Atomic sub-station baked beans" and carry on peering through Boots Clip-ons.
Agreed Al,
...But are your clip-ons cunningly camouflaged as bankside vegetation so you can lose them easily?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Well I think they look the bees knees (bees knees are woodland camo coloured BTW) and I've ordered a pair in every lens tint - at £112 they are a bargain, and don't get me started about the separate lanyard, costing £4.25 an absolute spin so much better than £1 for 3 at Poundland

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Good thought, Squire, (Greenie) I'll hitch some marker braid ("Ultrafluo-glo" TM, Mined by Elves) to the bridge so I can find them!

What kind of dimwit were they (Oakloid) hoping to attract? Oh, silly me, rich ones...

M'lud, HOW much???? Next incarnation, remind me to train for a career in b.s.-ing.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Might I suggest that the more literal amongst us don't look at the Oakley website. I suspect that their Flak Jacket, Fast Jacket, Straight Jacket, Valve, Crosshair, Chainlink, Tinfoil, Tincan, Pit Bull, Tightrope, Oil Rig, Breadbox, Twoface, Crankshaft and Batwolf models are going to cause you big problems.

greenie62

Reaction score
you lot just don't understand how much better a £5 landyard can be compared to a £1 one - well it's 5 times better
Sorry Milord,
It's even better than that - cos the £5 Lanyard was registered as a Medically-essential device and was registered as exempt from VAT whereas the Poundshop lanyard was registered as 'fancy goods' and included VAT at 20% - so the exorbitant landyard is over 6 times better! :rolleyes:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Sorry Milord,
It's even better than that - cos the £5 Lanyard was registered as a Medically-essential device and was registered as exempt from VAT whereas the Poundshop lanyard was registered as 'fancy goods' and included VAT at 20% - so the exorbitant landyard is over 6 times better! :rolleyes:

thanks for that - now even better value I'll get 10:cool:

davethesax

Reaction score
After reading the heading Oakley Fuel Cell Wooland Camo Sunglasses I read the review expecting to find out a description what type of Fuel Cell was being used and how it enhanced the glasses but alas it seems there is no Fuel Cell. I think most people would understand a Fuel Cell as a device for storing energy. The use of the two words appear to be just weasel words to con us.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Sorry Admin for opening a new thread on Oakley Fuel Cell Sunglasses I didn’t know that the subject was already up and running.:eek:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Here are some daft questions for a few of you.;):p

Your Lordship, is your Maver Abyss rod only any good in stupidly deep water? How aout your Garbolino Rocket Picker, what's the rocket bit used for?:confused: What about your Shakespeare Mach 3 reel, is a supersonic reel not a little awkward to use?

Greenie, how are your Okuma Carbonite reels getting on when they are obviously made from a fictional metal alloy?

Alan, your Polaris Sidewinders, unholy marriage of a celestial body and a venomous snake? Sounds like an awkward way to indicate bites!

Crow, Daiwa Sensor line, does it give you the water temperature when in use?

:wh:wh;):p

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Polaris sidewinders - feed 'em plenty of mice and threaten them with an ICBM if they look like getting out of hand.
I sometimes wonder if "sidewinder" was a sight-pun on "side wind", as in a lateral breeze.
But as it sits on the side of the rod and enables the fish to wind me up, I'm left assailed by doubts.

thecrow

Reaction score

Your Lordship, is your Maver Abyss rod only any good in stupidly deep water? How aout your Garbolino Rocket Picker, what's the rocket bit used for?:confused: What about your Shakespeare Mach 3 reel, is a supersonic reel not a little awkward to use?

Greenie, how are your Okuma Carbonite reels getting on when they are obviously made from a fictional metal alloy?

Alan, your Polaris Sidewinders, unholy marriage of a celestial body and a venomous snake? Sounds like an awkward way to indicate bites!

Crow, Daiwa Sensor line, does it give you the water temperature when in use?

Of coarse it does, when its cold the line goes even stiffer, this maxim doesn't work with everything though :D

greenie62

Reaction score

Oh Commander of The Watch,
You should know all about Carbonite - it's used for filing baby dragon's toe nails!
- or am I being too literal/literary again?! ;):rolleyes::p
Tight Lines!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Far from being a fictional element carbonite was the trade name of an early mining explosive produced in Wales and used in the coal industry. During WWI thousands of tons of it were secreted under the German trenches and detonated at the start of an advance. whenever you see that huge explosion on the old footage from WWI in future you will be able to say, That is Carbonite.
I know all this because I recently sold a packing case which had contained the stuff.