Zebco Acquire Preston Innovations

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Preston were aptly named as "Innovations" as many of their products were quite ground breaking ideas.

I have to wonder, (but do hope), that Zebco will continue the trends started by Preston.

sam vimes

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Preston/Avid/Korum has enjoyed excellent availability through the majority of tackle shops. By comparison, Zebco brands (I'm primarily thinking Browning) are fairly thin on the ground and difficult to find. Whilst I wouldn't go out of my way to ignore Browning gear, it's very easy to do so, deliberately or not.

mick b

Reaction score
Preston were aptly named as "Innovations" as many of their products were quite ground breaking ideas.

I have to wonder, (but do hope), that Zebco will continue the trends started by Preston.

I wouldn't hold your breath Peter.

A re-branding of the old rods, launching of 'new' (sic) models, followed by poor supply will probably lead to a slow deterioration similar to the post-takeover demise of the iconic Normarks :eek:mg:

Best advice all round would be to buy up that Preston rod/s you've been promising yourself before they become unobtainable except on the collector/flebay market at collectors prices.

Anyone noticed the Allcocks Aerial that has reached £240 on flebay and is still rising :eek: