Catch a Crucian Month June 2016

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Catch a Crucian Month June 2016

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/headlines/18341-catch-a-crucian-month-june-2016.html

thumbnail.php

Know a crucian water? Get cracking for this special Crucian Competition...

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Crucians were what I cut my angling teeth on...a wonderful float-fishing species that punches well above its weight - in circles too! I once slackened right off while tussling with a 'cruey' and, y'know' it continued to go around in circles! Do they all do this, I wonder?

thecrow

Reaction score
I would love to have a bash at some Crucians but I don't know of any waters around here that contain them now, all the small farm ponds that I knew of as a kid have been filled in, I passed one this morning and all that remains is an old oak that I used to fish beneath.

floatfish

Reaction score
Crucians were what I cut my angling teeth on...a wonderful float-fishing species that punches well above its weight - in circles too! I once slackened right off while tussling with a 'cruey' and, y'know' it continued to go around in circles! Do they all do this, I wonder?

The Lakes I fish that have Crucians in them , when you hook them, the majority of them just go round in circles . It's a sure way of knowing what you have hooked before you see the fish .Great fish to try for, when feeding the can
can give a very positive bite.!