The Inside Angle

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: The Inside Angle

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/headlines/18384-the-inside-angle.html

thumbnail.php

Read Mark Lloyd's current thinking on how the UK's withdrawal from the EU might affect us anglers.....

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
"The vast majority of anglers would be appalled by some of the racism and hatred that has been targeted at migrants and ethnic minorities in recent days. Hopefully this will be a short-lived phenomenon and we should all make it clear that it is unacceptable on social media and by the water"

I'm sure we would, but these problems could very well be executed, publicized and exaggerated by scurrilous unknowns, politicians and newspapers eager to make a cheap but effective political point. Certainly, the odious Jon Snow of Channel 4 News and the BBC have seized upon this issue with undisguised glee.

Of course, one good way of maintaining good relations is for existing and future EU immigrants to refrain from stealing and eating our fish.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Someone threw all the marbles in the air and they haven't landed yet. We wont know anything till they start landing. The fish dont know anything about Brexit so will can still go and catch them, we will still be paying our licence fees and obeying the close season, the same rules etc for some time to come.
Regarding the EU legislation, I don't think its reliable to compare this with our own legislation before we joined the EU, that was 40+ years ago, we have all become more aware of environmental issues, more knowledgeable how to deal with it, it is much more in the public consciousness than it ever was back then. Its been a world wide progressive thing of which we would have been part of in or out of the EU.
Its not as if we would still be in the same place as we were 50 years ago if the EU had never existed.
It has helped that countries have come together to help these issues for sure and the EU has helped facilitate that but we are not leaving Europe or the world, just the EU.
Some environmental legislation is better done home grown anyway, some Eu countries don't have meadows, chalk streams or even a sea, we will understand these things a lot better. It must have been hard for some of their representatives to vote on legislation on things they had never heard of or seen in their lives. They probably had to use Wikipedia before voting.

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would worry about the UK not having EU environmental laws to adhere to when the EA has done nothing but pay lip service to them, failing to meet targets and missing datelines conning Joe public into believing that our rivers are healthy because there are now otters there and the rivers run clear, that's those that are still running and not dried up in the summer.

Water companies continue to legally pollute our rivers, run off from farms and farmers fields continue to pollute, endocrine disrupters continue to be allowed to enter our rivers as to filter them out would cost the water companies money, I worry what the cost to our rivers, fish and wildlife will be in years to come while water companies worry about profit and the EA worry about placating their masters in Whitehall.

I don't see any changes that will affect angling coming from us leaving the monster that is the EU.

thecrow

Reaction score
Cliff. So you think the police are making it up? Police investigate suspect packages after 42% rise in hate incident complaints
http://gu.com/p/4z7km?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Perhaps governments that were responsible for the free movement of people should be investigating why some are the victims of hate? very easy for others to claim they have been a victim of a hate crime or racism, I know as I was accused of racism at work, an accusation that had no basis in fact, like I said very easy to accuse.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Thanks Martin. I clicked the link and saw what The Graun had to say. I think the article should have mentioned 'Lord' Ahmed's blatant and dictatorial anti-democratic credentials in order to provide a 'rounder' picture. That this publicly-funded government 'representative' got away with his threat to have the Houses of Parliament "...surrounded by 10,000 muslims within an hour" is nothing short of astonishing. But yes, I don't doubt the authenticity of the story because, as in most societies, we harbour a numb-skull element - but that's all they are, numb-skulls. Those who have in recent times suggested that the 17 million 'Leavers' are 'racist', 'xenophobic' 'Little Englanders' etc etc are, frankly, unworthy of attention.

thecrow

Reaction score
Those who have in recent times suggested that the 17 million 'Leavers' are 'racist', 'xenophobic' 'Little Englanders' etc etc are, frankly, unworthy of attention

Just very poor loosers who like the idea of democracy until that democracy throws up a result that isn't what they wanted, they then start asking for a vote to be retaken, sorry but last time I looked democracy is not based on the "best of three".