Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
files.php

files.php

files.php

files.php

robtherake

Reaction score
First time ever on my own I was the bloke on the right. Amazing how your hearing compensates for the loss of vision, making every crackle and rustle sound like a potential threat.:eek:

A mate and I night fished (age 14) for roach on a pond we called Duck Decoy. As night fell we heard a gigantic fart and convinced ourselves the gamekeeper was almost on top of us. Crouched under a hawthorn bush, a silhouette appeared in the moonlight, making us withdraw further, hearts thumping.

Another huge fart, closer than before and we were undone - no 14 year old lad could ignore a bottom burp that nearly shook the ground without creasing up. Involuntary noises of stifled laughter issued forth, startling the culprit, who mooed loudly, making us laugh till we ached. I've never had a problem with nocturnal fishing since that night.:D

john step

Reaction score
Its not the hedgehogs rustling or the foxes who scream that get to me during the dark.
Its my great big clumsy feet kicking things over and standing on things:eek:mg:

Keith M

Reaction score
Great cartoon Cliff.

One cold and misty summers night my mate had a slow run on his carp rod and whatever was on the end fought doggedly until it came near the bank when it just gave up.

He proceeded to net a lifeless Carp of around 10lb which was hooked squarely in its bottom lip and who's eyes were rotted out and which had been dead for quite a time.

Here's a few other strange things that have gone bump in the night at my local estate lake Lol.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/fm-features/diaries/13582-things-that-go-bump-in-the-night.html

Keith

Last edited: