Crayfish

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Burrowing crayfish give college a headache after riverbank wall collapses

thumbnail.php

See: 'Home'

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
On the Thames not that far away at Medley Manor a part of the tow path was undermined some years ago and a cyclist pitched into the river and drowned. The towpath was reinstated. Not convinced the number caught through trapping has any effect whatsoever except to boost the income of those catching them!

steve2

Reaction score
Never have understood why it is illegal to remove any animal whether it is a fish, bird or animal in any way shape or form that as been illegally introduced to this country.
It appears to be that EA are out of touch with the damage these crayfish cause.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Bar$tard bloody things ! God...how I hate em ! :mad::mad::mad:

I have been working with a team of scientists who's goal is to make the American Signal Crayfish more acceptable to England's coarse anglers.

After several blind alley studies we have now settled on the chosen scheme and are now working on how:

To train the little bar-stewards to attack, and eat . . . . . Paddlers!

I think we are on a "winner"

greenie62

Reaction score
.....After several blind alley studies we have now settled on the chosen scheme and are now working on how:
- To train the little bar-stewards to attack, and eat . . . . . Paddlers!

Possibly inspired by rowers "catching a crab"?:eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
On the Thames not that far away at Medley Manor a part of the tow path was undermined some years ago and a cyclist pitched into the river and drowned. The towpath was reinstated. Not convinced the number caught through trapping has any effect whatsoever except to boost the income of those catching them!

I've heard [or someone told me] that trapping actually makes the situation worse as the little buqqers simply breed faster to fill in the gaps. I understand that if left alone eventually the population settles down. Whether I believe that or not I'm not sure.

What is it with these damned things ? Years ago I fished rivers alive with native crays but they never caused a problem.