Don’t bring back an invader! Invasive Species Week appeal by Angling Trust to anglers

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t bring back an invader! Invasive Species Week appeal by Angling Trust to anglers

The Angling Trust is calling on globe-trotting anglers to minimise the risk of bringing unwanted invaders to Britain that could potentially damage fishing in rivers and lakes.

More...

mikench

Reaction score
Re: Don’t bring back an invader! Invasive Species Week appeal by Angling Trust to ang

Very good advice! It is all a bit worrying and clearly easy to do!

rich66

Reaction score
Re: Don’t bring back an invader! Invasive Species Week appeal by Angling Trust to ang

I've often wondered if I should disinfect my nets after a days fishing. Normally it's only a landing net to do, it usually gets a blast with the hose and left on the line to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrissh

Reaction score

I've often wondered if I should disinfect my nets after a days fishing. Normally it's only a landing net to do, it usually gets a blast with the hose and left on the line to dry.

Disinfecting nets should be done every time … I dip my net at the end of the days fishing and hang out to dry along … I keep an old coke bottle to put some of the disinfectant in to take home and wipe my stink bag & unhooking mat down, I don’t use keep nets if I did that would get a dip

rich66

Reaction score

Disinfecting nets should be done every time … I dip my net at the end of the days fishing and hang out to dry along … I keep an old coke bottle to put some of the disinfectant in to take home and wipe my stink bag & unhooking mat down, I don’t use keep nets if I did that would get a dip

Which disinfectant do you use ? The club waters don't use one as it's open to the river. I always dip mine when I go to the comms but that's not often.

chrissh

Reaction score

Which disinfectant do you use ? The club waters don't use one as it's open to the river. I always dip mine when I go to the comms but that's not often.

I get it when I’m on a commercial lake just keep an old coke bottle in the car to take some home … and sponge your stink bag and unhooking mat let then dry completely before packing away ... it more commercials that have the problem with KHV. If I’m on a rivers wash in clean water and let your net air dry sunlight will kill any thing that on the net

rich66

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Chrissh,
I wipe my unhooking mat with an antibacterial wipe.