Summer Trent Barbel Fish-in

S

swordsy

Anyone interested in a week end session on the Trent for a crack at old boris?

Any ideas on stretches and accomodation welcome!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

You know the stretches and we will all bunk at your gaff.

S

swordsy

Warren you can bunk at my gaff if you want but I live in sheffield,my mother in law lives in nottingham but she is 80, the stretches are no problem its just getting something day ticket or free to suit most tastes and with easy drinking/sleeping facilities near by.

For me that has to be priest house/kings mill near Donnington.

Beautiful bit of river with decent barbel and chub all through.

Plus the beer at the priest house is cock-on and the breakfast is second to none (but expensive)

we could also do the clifton bridge length, but it isnt very pretty

thrumpton has a ?40 ticket

clifton grove is like Iraq and the car parking is dodgy

shardlow is good but on a ticket

We could do the tidal but that isnt my strong pointfor venues

P

Phil Hackett 2

I could be interested?
More info would be helpful, as it's a long time since I've been on the Trent. Mid 80s I think? Not many barbel in those days on the lengths I fished.

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Count me in Swordsy, its been a long time since I was on the Trent. I Used to fish it a lot in the 80's and early 90's but I've not been for over ten years. In fact I had my first ever Barbel from the Trent at Besthorpe if I remeber rightly.......all of 4oz it was, probably a bit bigger now though.

N

NottmDon

Bugger off an find another river there aint no Barbel here lmao!! Swordys says hes got a bivvy, you lot can kip with him and he can cook your bloody breakfast, hes a chef rofl!! Does this post suggest that some good Barbel are being caught on the Trent? If this is so I assure you its purely coincidental lmao!!!

J

John McLaren

Does the move from Coarse Fishing to General Fishing indicate that something other than Chub and Barbel might be on the menu? Barbel fishing to be undertaken purely in a forlorn investigative mode you understand Don!

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Depending on dates count me in.....Now wheres that Trentbarbeller fella when I need him...!

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i'll be interested if it doesn't clash with
May-27th & 28th.have you concidered the P.A.D stretch at barrow on trent ,it only
has about 20 pegs or so but there's barbel
and chub to be had,and they may allow some camping,all the pegging fee's goto charity

S

sash

"i'll be interested if it doesn't clash with
May-27th & 28th"

hmmm, think that you should be alright on those dates seeing as they're in the closed season Chavender!

Count me in too. Best bet for access surely has to be downstream of Nottingham?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Mid Week?

That would be ideal. What about the Tidal Trent, say Collingham. Stacks of barbel there including a few real big ones.