Trotting rod

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Come now Al, use your common sense, I obviously hire two young Philipeno children to carry my rods.

The Pirate.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(I bet that Mark chap wishes he'd never opened his gob.......(Funnily enough I like his stuff..)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that mate...I do try! I don't take much notice of certain folk on here as they just like the sound of their own voice! I have very broad shoulders.

watatoad

Reaction score
I sit here in front of my computer screen expecting a hoard of lynch hungry angry wives with a hanging rope and placards saying don't encourage our husbands/partners to spend money on more bl**dy fishing tackle. It's cluttering up the place enough.

That's just because I have the answer its for minimum outlay long term pension investments, I should be long gone before most of you retire and your partners realise that you ain't selling anything...hehehe you are just buying more.

How much is too much well that depends on the individual and their circumstances and whatever.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wonderful, until you try to move...what visions that conjures up ... power barrows, yaks, lamas, native bearers, ghillies, project managers, underwriters ... all following like Rabbit's Friends and Relations every time the mighty Nimrod tries another spot!

I always seem to pick the wrong pitch and end up fishing four different methods, with four different set-ups, trying to catch fish that are somewhere else. One day I'll learn.

Just re read your post Al and did chuckle somewhat thinking about what some anglers consider excessive.

Appreciate that many anglers are happy to amble along the banks with one rod and a net and a few other bits, however carrying four pins, a few floats and a bait apron with some maggots and worms is a walk in the park compared to some of the fishing I do.

If am in a still water bank fly fishing match, or even non match day, it is the norm to have three or four rods made up, 9.5ft to 10ft #7 or #8 weights, all with different line densities and you have your kit bag/box, net etc to boot. In a match, moving peg every 45 minutes to an hour or even a pleasure day you could walk round the full diameter of the ressie such as Farmoor for example.

Now we come to the Winter river matches on the heavy bugs, again three rods made up, billy bung rig, braid rig & Czech or French leader rig, again these are no poncy little tooth picks, they are 10ft #3 weights, plus the rest of your kit, traipsing miles up and down the likes of the Welsh Dee, up and down stiles, sludgy fields, chased by starving sheep (some of my mates find that a turn on). Now that is hard work me old China.

Walking a couple of miles with a few pins set up? Piece of p1ss mate.

Also, if you wanna change beats and keep your rods set up, there's this new invention known as car rod holders, magnetic or vacuum, dunno about you but am quite excited about them, I think they'll catch on.

The Pirate.

Last edited:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
That's just because I have the answer its for minimum outlay long term pension investments, I should be long gone before most of you retire and your partners realise that you ain't selling anything...hehehe you are just buying more.

Sounds good to me Mr Toad, I invest now in high quality tackle which my wife can sell when I peg it, a pension scheme with built in life insurance :)