FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > FRESHWATER FISHING FORUMS > General Fishing
Register Forums Blogs Classifieds FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2012, 20:41

simonvicos is on a distinguished road
Default Thermal Boots

Need some thermal boots, but need to be Wellingtons to march across flooded fields

What do you boys use for the warmest winter feet as i'm struggling?
Old 25-11-2012, 22:25

terry m is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thermal Boots

There is nothing better than the Skeetex lined wellies, try them, you will not regret it.

Reasonably priced about £45, new linings are also available seperately.
Old 26-11-2012, 01:57

The bad one is on a distinguished road

If you want welly type go for a pair of Muckboots. Tay are the warmest they do down to -40C. No cold feet anymore and they are the most comfortable wellies I've ever worn. You can walk for miles in them and unlike the fishing thermals the soles don't crack.
Of course such products come at a price around £70, but they'll last twice as long as any fishing thermals so they work out cheaper over the long run.
Old 26-11-2012, 05:07

chav professor is on a distinguished road

I've been told 'Baffins' come highly recommended. They were designed for ice fishing. The only complaint I have heard is that in our mild winters - your feet can get too hot. Perhaps a great boot and good investment if you suffer from cold feet or circulatory issues.
Baffin Men's Titan Pull On Boot: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Accessories Baffin Men's Titan Pull On Boot: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Accessories
Me? I'm a tough b$stad...... Shorts, woolly socks and a pair of standard Aigle's. A little tip... if you want to warm your hands... Pick up a handful of snow and squeeze it like mad for a few minutes - then dry them. Your fingers will start glowing like little hot chipolatas. You can do the same thing with your feet.

Last edited by chav professor; 26-11-2012 at 05:10.
Old 26-11-2012, 07:19

shaunfox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav professor View Post
I've been told 'Baffins' come highly recommended. They were designed for ice fishing. The only complaint I have heard is that in our mild winters - your feet can get too hot. Perhaps a great boot and good investment if you suffer from cold feet or circulatory issues. Baffin Men's Titan Pull On Boot: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Accessories
Me? I'm a tough b$stad...... Shorts, woolly socks and a pair of standard Aigle's. A little tip... if you want to warm your hands... Pick up a handful of snow and squeeze it like mad for a few minutes - then dry them. Your fingers will start glowing like little hot chipolatas. You can do the same thing with your feet.
Just ordered some. I have a pair of skeetex, and although they keep your feet warm, they are very difficult to walk in, especially up hills and on muddy ground.
Old 26-11-2012, 07:30

barbelboi is on a distinguished road

If there's not a lot of walking involved Skee-Tex have been my first choice for many years. If walking a lot I still use an old pair of John Wilson wellies - remember them? (the ones somewhere between a welly and a thigh wader c1995) with a neoprene sock - as comfortable as my Hunters for walking in.
Jerry
Old 26-11-2012, 18:13

mark brailsford 2 is on a distinguished road

I like the muck boots for fishing, I also own a pair of Aigle Neoprene lined wellies that cost a dam fortune, they have a superb vibram walking sole, much better than the Hunter soles that are absolutely rubbish! Aigle boots are ok for shooting as you are on the move most of the time but to say how much I paid for them they still let the cold strike up in to your feet when sat fishing!
Old 27-11-2012, 15:05

waveney_chubber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry m View Post
There is nothing better than the Skeetex lined wellies, try them, you will not regret it.
You will regret it when you have to fork out for replacement liners each year! Uncomfortable to walk anything but short distances in and, if you'll pardon the pun, "heavy to boot".
Get a pair of Sundridge Hotfoots. Much lighter and just as good as the Skeetex + cheaper and very comfortable to walk in
Old 27-11-2012, 15:19

barbelboi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveney_chubber View Post
You will regret it when you have to fork out for replacement liners each year! Uncomfortable to walk anything but short distances in and, if you'll pardon the pun, "heavy to boot".
Get a pair of Sundridge Hotfoots. Much lighter and just as good as the Skeetex + cheaper and very comfortable to walk in
I've had two liners in ten years, not made for walking (I use others) but for keeping your feet very warm when static.
Jerry
Old 27-11-2012, 15:38

sam vimes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark brailsford 2 View Post
I like the muck boots for fishing, I also own a pair of Aigle Neoprene lined wellies that cost a dam fortune, they have a superb vibram walking sole, much better than the Hunter soles that are absolutely rubbish! Aigle boots are ok for shooting as you are on the move most of the time but to say how much I paid for them they still let the cold strike up in to your feet when sat fishing!
Hunter do plenty of different models with more than just one type of sole.
The top line Hunter rubber boot also happens to use a Vibram sole.