Buying your Licence on line delays

paul80

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Like quite a few of you I tried renewing my Licence on-line and got the there is a delay in sending your new licence message.

So just wondering if anyone that got the message has actually been sent their new licence or are you like me still waiting.

I know its not a big problem and I do have the receipt with all the numbers on printed out ready, just wondering if they have started to catchup or sort out whatever the problem was.

Thanks

Paul

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do my licence direct debit and have always recieved it befoe the the third week in march. I get a letter in late January early February every year saying if I do not want a licence this year then to let the EA know. If I do not phone them up and cancell then they take the money out of my bank as usual and send me my licence early in March each year . They have not let me down yet I think I have been doing this for five years.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Don't think I will bother getting one this year, nobody ever checks anyway, only been asked once in all my angling life.

Craig Hunt

Reaction score
I never saw the message regarding delays. I bought both of mine online on the 8th March and am still waiting

sam vimes

Reaction score
I placed my order on Sunday the tenth of March. They were on my doormat on Wednesday the thirteenth.

guest61

Reaction score
Purchased online 17th March, as yet nothing has arrived, although to be fair I did get the reminder through the post 20th March.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Cannot understand the problem, Post Office give it you in 2minutes

Not that I know, as I've bought online for several years now, but do the PO actually hand over a licence these days? I was under the impression that they took the money, took your details and then the licence was posted to you.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Not that I know, as I've bought online for several years now, but do the PO actually hand over a licence these days? I was under the impression that they took the money, took your details and then the licence was posted to you.

That's right, I used the PO for a change as I was in there this morning - they take your details and give you a receipt - the actual licence is then posted to you.
Jerry

broomy

Reaction score
Post Office is the easiest, pay your money, get a receipt that's just as good. Then wait for it to arrive.
Like others I am 65 and have fished all my life.
During the time I fished the stocked reservoirs and 'trout' still waters around the county I was asked on a routine basis.
In all the years I have fished the rivers of Norther England, never ever.
Looking at it another way the weather is so awful at the moment don't think the non arrival of a licence will really affect many people.