Cost of a cast?

terry m

Reaction score
It has probably been discussed before, but off the back of the thread moaning about greedy clubs, I would be interested to know what outlay for a seasons fishing you make. I am only talking about permits, syndicates and club membership. Not tackle bait or EA Licences. But it would include the total cost of day tickets for a season - approximate.

I am a member of two syndicates - total £615 plus a decent club @ £150 plus a couple of odd long stay day ticket sessions throughout the year that me to about £100.

So a total of £865 ish. It seems a lot of money, but I spend a lot of time fishing, if I worked out the hourly cost it would be a bit more reasonable............ I hope :eek:

How about you?

sam vimes

Reaction score
£250 for my syndicate, and hopefully not a penny more. I've dropped all the other club tickets that I've had in the past. I dare say that I might venture to the odd day ticket water for a little variety or a confidence boost.

theartist

Reaction score
No money spent on fishing is wasted although it could be cheaper.

Most my income goes on fuel getting to different rivers around the country every trip is an adventure and worth every penny although i wish fuel prices were lower.

stillwater blue

Reaction score
£400

I have access to 4 lakes, around 10 miles of coarse river and 3 miles of wild brown trout fly fishing. That should be enough to keep me going for a while.

The Sogster

Reaction score
£110, this includes 5 lakes complete with specimen carp fishing included as well as 1 small pond and two stretches of river (one members only). Without carp fishing the whole lot can be had for £54

barbelboi

Reaction score
£35 & £30 (double that without a concession) for two clubs that provide between them in excess of a dozen pits, 3 farm ponds, an estate lake and approximately a dozen stretches of river plus a couple of river syndicates/pits that I get FOC.
Jerry

stikflote

Reaction score
season ticket £70 for 4 lakes ,and about £30 for odd day tickets,
tend to travel a lot fewer miles due to fuel cost

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Had a plaster cast - cost me a round of cakes and a lot of mickey taking. All my own fault, I'm afraid I was very, very drunk......(with apologies to Lord Paul):)

paul80

Reaction score
For me its £55 club membership that gives me access to 9 lakes and a bit of one river, only 600 yards but then again there is never anyone else there so its all mine ;)

Paul

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
The average gym will set you about 500 year so why worry? Fishing is very a very cheap pastime - I'm told golf costs a lot more and that's just a waste of a good walk.

sam vimes

Reaction score
The average gym will set you about 500 year so why worry? Fishing is very a very cheap pastime - I'm told golf costs a lot more and that's just a waste of a good walk.

I view my syndicate fee in a similar vein. A season ticket for my football team would cost the best part of £500. That's a couple of hours of dubious "entertainment" once every couple of weeks from August through to May.

If I fished a commercial carp water, with a similar stamp of fish, it would cost me around £20 per twenty four hours. £250 for totally unfettered access, for as long as I want (I could practically live there if I wanted to), is peanuts in comparison, provided I make sure I use it. The fact that it's about three miles from home is a fuel cost based bonus.

terry m

Reaction score
The golf comparison stands up to scrutiny. Non-angling friends who are golfers pay well in excess of £1K per year to join the local top end golf clubs.

Then they have to pay green fees - whatever the hell they are!

dangermouse

Reaction score
Just £15 for my club ticket and then whatever I have to pay out for day tickets, probably another £100 max.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of my waters these days cost me nothing because I am a honoury member . but I joined a new club based in Kent / Sussex with 9 fisheries and 3 river venues all no day ticket but you can take a guest. Also included are a Rother association ticket and a C.A.L.P.A.C. ticket with quaity fishing across the board for £40 senior citizen ticket. Unbelieveable Value:)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Club memberships this year around £350....add to that the licence fee and as I fish for sea trout thats another £50 ish. Then there are day tickets...say another £100 plus trout fishing probably another £200.

Sadly...I am still not old enough to get OAP concession rates !:mad:

Jeez...that's around £700 before I've even got there or wet a line ! :eek:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When it is something you enjoy never add up what it is costing you. It is like looking at how much tax you pay on your wages not a good idea.:eek: