Getting colder again. Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Sadly the above average temperatures we've enjoyed this week will end Friday. A drop in daytime temps and the possibility of frost overnight looming for the weekend. Nevertheless I will be up at silly o'clock Saturday and off to the west midlands for a match at a commie.
Nothing planned for Sunday so far as a lay in may be welcome.

Anyone else fishing this weekend?

aintreeangler

Reaction score
It's a good job I took tomorrow afternoon off then! Hopefully it will be nice and warm for my first fishing trip for 6 months.

C

chefster

I,m not allowed to go this weekend as we,re going to London to the theatre:(:)will be going on Weds though,and then an open @ Spring Pools,Northants,on Sat:D:D:D...Chef

dangermouse

Reaction score
Doubtful. Although I might try and sneak a couple of hours on the canal, I have a big gudgeon to catch.

Can`t complain though, had 8 hours at the club pond today.

B

binka

I am hoping to get out on Sunday but really can't say for sure as I finally move house next week... at least i'll be re-united with the rest of my gear which has been at the new place for a couple of months now :)

My mate wants to do Sunday and the drop in temp might just work in my favour for the jig fishing down on the local, i'll be surprised if I don't get out especially after sneaking a couple of sessions in after work this week.

nicepix

Reaction score
Been and done it.

Fished last night to 9pm in a T-shirt getting a carp a chuck in the farm pond at the back of our house. Then out this afternoon with a jumper, two coats and waterproof over trousers braving the rain at the big lake. Fished two rods, bolt-rigged 24mm halibut pellet on one rod and free running 20mm Tuti-Fruiti boilie on the second rod. Managed to hook three bream around 3lb each that couldn't even get the bloomin' boilie in their gobs but still managed to hook themselves. One went off like a screamer too. Thought I'd hooked into a carp. Bleedin' slimy things :(

Still, at least last night I managed to get plenty of volunteer dead baits ready for the opening of the pike & zander season next week. :)

tilly05

Reaction score
My 12 week old boy got me up at 4:30 so right now the car isnloaded and im tryingbto decide where to fish. 2 usual ponds have matches booked and tye don is still closed :(
Canal is calling... maggot, fresh worms from garden and some spicy red groundbait... fingers crossed