Unacceptable practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No sonny, you are just one of a long line of fishy online warriors looking to take a pop. As I said to a moderator here about them as a breed last week, if they could only control their outbursts, there would be none of this silly mud-slinging and nonsense. But no, it makes them feel so-o-o-o-o-o good, feel a somebody for a brief moment. Pathetic.

What is pathetic is some inflated ego who can't even offer advice on a thread without name-dropping and including half a dozen anecdotes from his illustrious past that big him up even further. As Shania Twain said, "That don't impress-a me much" sunshine!

As for you being some High Panjandrum that may not be criticised by the likes of us lower beings, well bring it on Colonel Blimp, I love it!

Anyway, I am off fishing this afternoon to a privately owned lake on the Wirral Peninsula. There are no mahseer, but enough carp, tench, roach and rudd to keep us plebs happy!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is pathetic is some inflated ego who can't even offer advice on a thread without name-dropping and including half a dozen anecdotes from his illustrious past that big him up even further. As Shania Twain said, "That don't impress-a me much" sunshine!

As for you being some High Panjandrum that may not be criticised by the likes of us lower beings, well bring it on Colonel Blimp, I love it!

Anyway, I am off fishing this afternoon to a privately owned lake on the Wirral Peninsula. There are no mahseer, but enough carp, tench, roach and rudd to keep us plebs happy!

Bad attitude and a chip on your shoulder the size of a couple of kayaks. Go fishing and don't bother me.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bad attitude and a chip on your shoulder the size of a couple of kayaks. Go fishing and don't bother me.

Go tell the mods that the nasty, rough boy from the council estate has been picking on you, but make sure it's not the one who called you a "serial flouncer" a couple of weeks back. That was a well-aimed torpedo, Das Boote! :D

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Go tell the mods that the nasty, rough boy from the council estate has been picking on you, but make sure it's not the one who called you a "serial flouncer" a couple of weeks back. That was a well-aimed torpedo, Das Boote! :D

Very amusing. Good job that you're not saying the things you're saying to some of the "boys" who live on my estate and the ones around me, Jack. They're the sorts who'd steal a motor, drive it to wherever necessary, then do some horrible necessary and probably get a tattoo to commemorate the road trip and its bloody aftermath. Just leave it alone, eh? You have come much too late to online Boote Bashing and all its tired old "flouncing" and posh boy quips, are merely making yourself look like someone obsessed and very very foolish. Go fishing. It's what I do VERY well.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Give over, the pair of you. Despite whatever you may think, neither of you are enhancing your standing with a spat over nothing at all.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very amusing. Good job that you're not saying the things you're saying to some of the "boys" who live on my estate and the ones around me, Jack. They're the sorts who'd steal a motor, drive it to wherever necessary, then do some horrible necessary and probably get a tattoo to commemorate the road trip and its bloody aftermath. Just leave it alone, eh? You have come much too late to online Boote Bashing and all its tired old "flouncing" and posh boy quips, are merely making yourself look like someone obsessed and very very foolish. Go fishing. It's what I do VERY well.

I do not indulge in Boote Bashing, per se, just for it's own sake, I merely react to statements of yours with which I disagree. In fact, I actually agreed with you earlier on in this thread.

I shall continue to post, tedious though that may be to you, as and when I feel the urge to do so! I do realise that I am a relative newcomer and my pile of posted manure is as nothing compared to the Everest of defecation that is your online history, but mighty oaks from tiny acorns grow!

See you in the ether! :D

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quite, Sam. I was enjoying the - what is it now? - ten or so days that I was permitted to contribute positively and pleasantly to an Angling forum without dischord and unpleasantness. Clearly this still has a way of becoming simply too much for a tiny serial few.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quite, Sam. I was enjoying the - what is it now? - ten or so days that I was permitted to contribute positively and pleasantly to an Angling forum without dischord and unpleasantness. Clearly this still has a way of becoming simply too much for a tiny serial few.

Carry on Bootee, I'm done with this one - terminal boredom setting in!

sam vimes

Reaction score

To be quite honest, I don't see why you reacted quite so negatively to someone that was actually agreeing with you. Once you did so, in your own inimitable manner, the result was rather inevitable.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another thread Boote(d) into the wilderness.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Much less politics and internet pop-taking and rather more wilderness (though with fewer otters, of course, for those who go off on one at their very mention and who dream of retiring on the proceeds from some stocked, boilie-fed 24-pound barbel that they have skilfully and heroically caught).

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...stream-charter-launched-week.html#post1232929

Close Season malaise? No. It's more than that. Reminds me rather of some politicos at present who are committing both electoral and economic harikari by airing their strange, meaningless to the vast majority, somewhat unhealthy obsessions.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Phew! If I had mentioned that I have just founded the Wild Blenny Trust and am its CEO on 60k a year plus generous expenses, things could have turned really nasty...

sumtime

Reaction score
To be quite honest, I don't see why you reacted quite so negatively to someone that was actually agreeing with you. Once you did so, in your own inimitable manner, the result was rather inevitable.

I thought that too. :confused:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Paul, you really must not play with them. They're such unhappy campers at present that anything can set them off, especially talk about fishing, particularly the fun-filled and successful varieties. Keep it strictly to whingeing and whining and complaining about anything and anybody that might be doing something that you're not and are getting away with it. Think Daily Mail and Express, think Daily Discontent and how we're all in the same overstocked hole in the ground together, yet hooking nothing, except our own backsides..."

"Okay. I'll try, but I can't promise anything..."

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Phew! If I had mentioned that I have just founded the Wild Blenny Trust and am its CEO on 60k a year plus generous expenses, things could have turned really nasty...

how odd- I've just founded the Wild Buscuit Trust with me as it's CEO on the same salary and expense account - Buscuit man strikes again DU DU DAR

bennygesserit

Reaction score
"Paul, you really must not play with them. They're such unhappy campers at present that anything can set them off, especially talk about fishing, particularly the fun-filled and successful varieties. Keep it strictly to whingeing and whining and complaining about anything and anybody that might be doing something that you're not and are getting away with it. Think Daily Mail and Express, think Daily Discontent and how we're all in the same overstocked hole in the ground together, yet hooking nothing, except our own backsides..."

"Okay. I'll try, but I can't promise anything..."

For hole in the ground substitute this forum , for hooking our backsides substitute talking out of our arises

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Been offline for a few days and only just picked up on this, I think it is a really interesting point.

If I'm totally honest I didn't give it a thought when the photo was taken, my fishing pal who is a highly experienced sea angler said hold it there as I swung the fish in and the shot was taken.

My next diary will detail the Australian outlook on carp fishing and the very different way the majority of Aussie anglers see this species.

Last edited:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"You've just trodden on my unhooking mat..."

"No, mate. That was the fish. No worries."

Status
Not open for further replies.