Unacceptable practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The other week I had a personal message from a Moderator here, warning me not to contravene Forum Rules and offend a fellow member (whom he didn't name, but I got the gist - a few of my pals had a quiet head-shake and knowing smirk about the message when I sent a screengrab of it to them). I replied to the gent concerned with something to the effect that if he could whip in a few serially unpleasant members of this forum none of this nonsense would happen, concluding with a "Pots and kettles, XYZ, pots and kettles." (as in the old saying about the former calling the latter black). I didn't get a reply, though I do see that it is still Open Season for some of the foulhookers, the online users of the Aberaeron Minnow (look it up), among us. Still, I suppose that it gets the forum a lot of hits, which, I suppose, are important to its continuing financial if not piscatorial health.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Water and coffee only, plus a mind that leaves many forever stalled in the slow lane.

I don't doubt that you are an intelligent man Paul........Some (well you actually) might even describe you as brilliant.

But; intellectual brilliance without purpose is much like a lighthouse in the desert, to all intent and purpose useless.....It's a shame you can't find a way to put all that natural ability and privileged education to a positive use rather than using it to score Internet points from those you so obviously see as inferior to yourself.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't doubt that you are an intelligent man Paul........Some (well you actually) might even describe you as brilliant.

But; intellectual brilliance without purpose is much like a lighthouse in the desert, to all intent and purpose useless.....It's a shame you can't find a way to put all that natural ability and privileged education to a positive use rather than using it to score Internet points from those you so obviously see as inferior to yourself.

Thank you so much for the above, Adrian. I am touched. You were born not too far from Aberaeron, weren't you?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Oh, I shouldn't worry about the flounders, Mark - they were the only residents of Sandbanks not stupid enough to be suckered by the prices :)

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the above, Adrian. I am touched. You were born not too far from Aberaeron, weren't you?

Yep, and well versed in the use of the minnow and other ways of snaring gullible sporting tourists.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah, but if I were a Sandbanks flounder (or bass) with neighbours like "Ross Stallion, a 36-year-old sales director from neighbouring Canford Cliffs", I'd be terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.