Ha Ha !!!!!

andrew duffield

Reaction score
:)Finally found the missing River Lea roach yesterday

Great day on the stick, pigeon chested dace and several roach in excess of half a pound. Only myself and my partner on the whole fishery so there I am going to stay in keeping with some of the practice on here and tell no one where it was go and find it yourselves.

What do I care if no one fishes it is all mine all mine !!!

All one needs is a pint of maggot and a pint of hemp

So go on have fun oh by the way there are no barbel so I assume no interest will be raised.

Yours bitter and twisted of East London

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:)Finally found the missing River Lea roach yesterday

Great day on the stick, pigeon chested dace and several roach in excess of half a pound. Only myself and my partner on the whole fishery so there I am going to stay in keeping with some of the practice on here and tell no one where it was go and find it yourselves.

What do I care if no one fishes it is all mine all mine !!!

All one needs is a pint of maggot and a pint of hemp

So go on have fun oh by the way there are no barbel so I assume no interest will be raised.

Yours bitter and twisted of East London

Now you've gone and done it, you will be getting calls in the middle of the night and strange men following you all over the place trying to find your secret swim.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I'll start at the Norf Circ and work North, you can start at Hertford (Nearest bit to you, isn't it?) and work South, and we should pin 'em down sometime by 2018...

Unless they've move South to celebrate the Olympic clear-up, of course; or are in one of the club bits...

Well done, Mr D., any Lea roach that gets you reaching for the net is an event!

andrew duffield

Reaction score
Thanks lads who thought a cloaking device would be required as an item of fishing tackle, did I mention that you can also purchase carp and chips on the bank !!

andrew duffield

Reaction score
Aha !!!

Episode two on Sunday even better beautiful roach and dace on both the stick and waggler biggest roach on the waggler best part of a pound !!

Next task to winkle the chub out from under the many rafts in this stretch thinking lumps of meat or sausage.

There are rumours of barbel but this is the Lea and if I had a pound for every barbell rumour that I have been told I would have retired years ago !!

Also it goes against my nature not to share so an easy clue this is a :DLAA water

How the mighty have fallen on Sunday morning only my brother and I on the whole fishery !!!

rubio

Reaction score
Been lucky enough to find a stretch on my local river producing good bags of roach and dace, along with some chunky perch. Had 3 sessions there with the fishing just getting better and better.
Until last visit. Struggled to get even a few tiddlers. Thought maybe the roach had got fed up with being disturbed but then a cormorant surfaced immediately in front of me. Maybe they check out the forum for clues too.

greenie62

Reaction score
Until last visit. Struggled to get even a few tiddlers. Thought maybe the roach had got fed up with being disturbed but then a cormorant surfaced immediately in front of me. Maybe they check out the forum for clues too.

Cormorants hate human spectators - and generally avoid waters where there is a larger 'footfall'!
Also it goes against my nature not to share so an easy clue this is a LAA water

How the mighty have fallen on Sunday morning only my brother and I on the whole fishery !!!

Keep your eye out for the Cormorants - frighten them off by fishing more often on this stretch!! :cool::)

rubio

Reaction score
Cormorants hate human spectators - and generally avoid waters where there is a larger 'footfall'!

Me too! Tho much of the river bank around my area is unfished thro most of winter and only a few dog walkers show up.
There are also otters on this stretch and that 'magic hour' for roach rarely produces. As darkness falls they move off. Or go into some kind of stealth mode. Some days they come back on the feed 2/3 hours into dark but it takes dedication to stay on with only a vague hope of a bite.
The black plague tho is a real kiss of death. Often for weeks at a time..

andrew duffield

Reaction score
Where this stretch is on the lea I have not seen any but down towards London it has been emptied footfall only works in non urban area's