Impressive roach

P

pointngo

I was out lure fishing yesterday and got chatting to a bloke who knew what he was doing with the float. On my way back past him a few hours later I asked him how he'd got on, as you do.

He was quite excited to tell me about a big roach he'd caught that might go 2lb. He didn't have any scales so I offered to weigh it for him.

Anyway, it went 2lb 10oz. His target for this season had been a 2lb roach and when he saw what this one weighed he realised he had had another recently that wasn't much smaller.

Very impressive fish to see.

caelan

Reaction score
well what do you know you wait ages for one and low an behold
TWO come along close together LOL

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
pointngo............Sets out to catch a 2lb roach as his target fish for the season without scales is amazing !

I hope he had a camera.................................................??

Lovely fish to catch, but two of similar size, well I'm happily jealous !!

I suppose 'seeing' such a fish was great for you..

P

pointngo

It wasn't the first 2lb'er he'd ever caught; he'd just not had one for a few years. I don't understand not taking scales either but I've seen plenty of people do it and then regret it.

Cracking roach to see.. i've only ever seen one bigger, on the Severn when I was a kid. Walking to a swim one day a bloke couldn't wait to show me a big roach he'd just caught and I can still picture the fish... it was shockingly huge! Way over 3lb.

Morespiders

Reaction score
If you're ever caught out with a good fish on the bank and no scales simply do what Spiders does and use your watch. Amazing what it does for your PB's.:D

That's why I don't come on here anymore , nobody believes me

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 ----------

Be fair S-Kippy, Spider's scales are accurate to +/- 30lb ;)
I'm Supprised at you Ian, you saw my 12 lb perch from the Flask

P

pointngo

Any obscure pointers as to the location?:rolleyes::wh

Sorry fella's. No can do. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

:D :D My blog has never had so many hits from one post before!

Sorry lads, you'll find very few clues on there, even if I update it, and I go all over pike fishing. :beer: