Is it hot enough for you?

greenie62

Reaction score
.... Even then its too hot in a none air-con equipped Blingo to be driving from job to job...

What d'ya mean Pix - none air-con equipped Berlingo - it's got windows ain'tit? :rolleyes::eek:mg:

mike47

Reaction score
Looked like a knobbly knees competition on the lakeside Monday. Now sat here with pink legs and longing for the temp to drop a bit before Friday. The carp were feeding well on krill pellet and caught some cracking fish, so well worth it really. Temp now 46 deg in the sunshine in my garden.

theartist

Reaction score
Funny how many of us have erred on the side of staying away from fishing whilst it's so hot. I am in that camp too catching up with stuff I didn't do at the weekend whilst I was fishing.

The thought of being under a cool tree with a rod is tempting but the drive there and back certainly isn't.

nicepix

Reaction score
What d'ya mean Pix - none air-con equipped Berlingo - it's got windows ain'tit? :rolleyes::eek:mg:

Trouble is Mike; it is ex-Forestry Commission so is dark green and it don't half absorb heat. The cab is separate from the back so the front screen heats up the cab very quickly. And being blasted by 38C air through the vents and open windows doesn't help. Before I bought the van I used our Skoda with climate control, sun roof, cruise control............... Talk about a come down. The wife has that now :(

Should be OK in winter though. :)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
We have 32,8 degrees near High Wycombe..........in the shade !

Not too sure about going tomorrow - decision later this evening..

draindweller

Reaction score
Well I went to Westwood lakes that is literally round the corner from me and the carp were going crazy, Ive never seen anything like it. They were going that mad that they were even splashing their eggs onto the bank.

The fishing suprisingly was still very good, the barbel seemed to be in a frenzy, easily caught 25+ just loose feeding caster and fishing caster/red maggot on the hook.

Packed up a bit earlier than normal though, and have a good old truckers tan haha.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Just had a quick look at the Met office forecast for tomorrow in my area ( Reading ) and we've got rain ( sort of heavy in the mid am ) followed by showers all day with temps only reaching 21 degrees...
Might be just the weather to get them going, or conversely put 'em right off !!

Can't wait..

nicepix

Reaction score
We've got 30+ for at least two weeks. The only good point is that Little Wife will be glued to the TV watching two people continually knock a yellow ball back and forth and I'll be able to sneak out for the evenings. I've got my catfish head on :)

lambert1

Reaction score
Been out all day laying a new patio and I was on the mixer all day. Having to make the mixes sloppier than usual due to evaporation. Even worse for the guys laying the slabs though! It really is no fun when it is this hot! I will still be going on Friday and hope we have had some rain by then!

lambert1

Reaction score
Would certainly of worked Steve, but for some reason that common sense solution don't go down well with the boss;) He never gave us money for ice lollies either:rolleyes:

neil1970

Reaction score
Really nice day today. Walked the bank for an hour in the morning with the float rod. Caught a few small fish and then was acosted in the toilets. (thankfully by an angler I'd met the day before!) ...who had just caught his pb barbel...happy to take photos, and nice to see a lovely fish.

Went out in the evening with a new club member who was after his first barbel.
I bait droppered a nice mix of soaked pellet, hemp and a few bits of spam into a spot and the we waited for 40 minutes. He cast in and 10 minutes later was a happy man, with a 5.5lb barbel.

Great fun...and I managed one as a reward on the way home too!:):):w

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

oops wrong, but I guess right thread as well :eek:mg:, considering the weather:eek::eek:mg:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The weather forecast for round here said a belt of thunderstorms would move in at 9 pm, it was 20 past by the time the first rumble broke the silence.

Useless beggars :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Still relatively cool up here in the northern wastes of Scotland, just 9°C this morning and with some really heavy rain yesterday afternoon and in the late evening . . . . . . the forecast high for the day today is . . . . a whole 16°C