Irrestable urges

mikench

Reaction score
Not what you thought:) I need to buy something for fishing! If you had this urge what would it be ? Let us say there is a financial limit of £60.

What would you like to have? I meant irresistible !!!!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
If I had £60 spare it would be a set of Rueben Heaton 60lb scales...
Accurate bit of kit and never needs batteries.....

B

binka

A nice combined wooden float and tackle box.

I absolutely don't need it but am sorely tempted with this real pearler here, a bit of a rarity too being a double float and tackle box...

Fishing tackle. Wooden float/tackle box | eBay

I reckon there might even be change for a tin of dark oak stain :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my irresistible tackle urges invariably cost an awful lot more than £60.:eek:;):D I do have an irresistible urge to stock up on bait and odds and sods for an upcoming trip. I've got a sneaking feeling that's going to cost me more than sixty quid too.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my irresistible tackle urges invariably cost an awful lot more than £60.

I am in the exact same boat . . . . As an known and self-confessed tackle tart . . . . wholly unrepentant too

The only thing I can think of in that price range would be (another) Richard Wheatley fly box . . .they are things of both practicality and beauty:

RICHARD WHEATLEY FLY BOX 1607 (BNIB) | eBay

RICHARD WHEATLEY FLY BOX 2016 LIMITED EDITION 1601 GRAYLING by CHARLES.JARDINE | eBay

Or, maybe another couple of these as I already have two of them in my trout bag, one for dry flies and the other for nymphs:

https://www.fishingmegastore.com/turrall-grande-bamboo-fly-box~22168.html

Or, maybe add the extra fiver and go for this lovely little Walnut beauty:

Richard Wheatley "Walnut" Deluxe FLY BOX Flat Ripple Foam Bnib | eBay

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
3x1000yd and 1x550yd spools of Pro-Gold - I running little short on some strengths................

rayner

Reaction score
Can't think of anything tackle related. Sure something will crop up, I could save until Dec/Jan when I restock my terminal stuffs.
Always do my stock up then, the tackle shop I use appreciate the business that time of year.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
4 nice traditional Float ?

Only trouble is it breaks my heart to see them hanging from a branch on the other side of the river :eek:

Bob

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Binka.............With a float / tackle box of that size, do you use a trolley ?

I used to carry a box ( mainly plywood ) of similar proportions years ago but then I had a nice trolley to carry the main tackle box. It probably held north of fifty floats...........

Still carry a fair few but only in a box that fits in the backpack....an age thing !

mikench

Reaction score
Those tackle boxes look very nice! I am going to resist this urge and the next and possibly the one after that , ( they occur frequently) and spend the combined total on an acolyte!

B

binka

Binka.............With a float / tackle box of that size, do you use a trolley ?

I used to carry a box ( mainly plywood ) of similar proportions years ago but then I had a nice trolley to carry the main tackle box. It probably held north of fifty floats...........

Still carry a fair few but only in a box that fits in the backpack....an age thing !

I've got a double float box and two singles made in oak Tony and they are heavy by comparison to others that I have, it's not the end of the world though as it's probably the difference between carting four two ounce leads and half a dozen, and...

It's not as though I don't need the exercise :)

I do like the wooden jobbies, much nicer than those soulless plastic affairs even if they have a Stewart or Efgeeco sticker on them.

robtherake

Reaction score
If I had £60 spare it would be a set of Rueben Heaton 60lb scales...
Accurate bit of kit and never needs batteries.....

Hope they're better than the Flyweights, PC.:D

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

Pushing the budget a bit, but I like the look of the Browning adjustable chair.

It's 110 sovs in this ad, but I've seen it advertised for 80ish.

https://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/browning-feeder-chair~15944.html

B

binka

Hope they're better than the Flyweights, PC.:D

You've just come up with another option for me there Rob.

I might use my sixty quid as an offer to bribe someone into taking my Flyweights off my hands as every attempt to give 'em away has been turned down flat! :eek: :)

B

binka

I will take them!:wh

They're all yours Mike, you have entered into a non-returnable contract and can't change your mind :D

If you really do want 'em just drop me a pm with your address and I will post 'em out to you in the next couple of days :)