split shot

xenon

Reaction score
just back from the tackle shop (only a 50% overspend this time) and picked up some dinsmore shot (my regular anchor double cut not being available). Uhm. not used it yet but it seems pretty ropey in comparison-not exactly super soft as the describe it? What do others use? anything better than Anchor around these days?

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
I too like the Anchor double cut - nice and soft, easy to squeeze up tight and seems to grip the line well.

Last time I needed a top-up all they had was the Daiwa stuff (very black in colour) and to be honest it's rubbish. It's forever moving up and down the line.

Not such a huge problem when it's the 'dropper' shot but when it's the locking shot it's dead frustrating when you reel in thinking you've been fishing slightly off the bottom only to find the top locking shot has ridden up a foot and you're actually laying on.

Also contributes mightily to frap-ups on the cast. Grrr....

shane99

Reaction score
I always restock with Dinsmore egg-shot, can never get from any tackle shops but one of you kind gents/ladies told me where to get them from the net a fair while ago.

I like to think the line slips past/over easily so preventing tangles, Im convinced :)

robtherake

Reaction score
I like the rugby ball-shaped Anchor shot, which can be reused again and again. Always used to be a Dinsmore user but the current offerings (in the larger sizes) are hard and sharp-edged.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I'm an avid anchor shot user and don't use nothing else,

To be honest I don't really like dinsmoore shot as it is a harder shot and I only use it as a very last resort if I run out of anchor which is highly unlikely as I buy in bulk :D

Whatever you do I strongly advise never to use Fladen shot as this is the worst shot I've ever used, total c##p :rolleyes: as the joke of it is that it clearly states that it's a super soft shot but is actually far from it as it's completely rock hard :eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I prefer anchor double cut myself. I found dinsmores hard and if not squeezed on the line quite hard (to hard for my liking) it seemed to flirt off.
I think all shot is seriously overpriced!

barbelboi

Reaction score
I have a liking for Anchor double cut but will, and do, also use Dinsmore frequently as well. Mainly number 4's with a stick - no problem fitting them to the line I use................ :wh