Avon tip breakages, particularly Greys Prodigy

iain t

Reaction score
I take not much notice of these so called warranties from fishing companies. They always try to get out from replacing parts especially rod sections. I've had a few problems with rod manufacturers in the past, which i will not name cause they ****** me off so much. I have nothing for praise for TFG. Who replaced 2 top sections of rod with no quibble. Charging a small admin and postal charge.

trotter2

Reaction score
Its not just confined to the few, It does seem to be the way companies deal with consumers after they get your money.
The exceptional ones deserve credit and customer appreciation.
Unfortunately hardy's and greys are just a name.
Probably no better or worse than a lot off others time change.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I needed a tip for a Freespirit rod and received the worst service ever. Great rods awful after sales service.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's a case of buy your new rod and if it breaks through a fault within 12 months you have a chance of some satisfaction, after that you've just gott'a take the pain!
That's why a second hand rod in the right condition and at the right price is often the best option.

trotter2

Reaction score
I think it's a case of buy your new rod and if it breaks through a fault within 12 months you have a chance of some satisfaction, after that you've just gott'a take the pain!
That's why a second hand rod in the right condition and at the right price is often the best option.

Yes the other good point is if your carefull and dont pay over the odds you can get your money back tigg.

terry m

Reaction score
You complete idiot what more evidence do you need
a retailer finds it cheaper to supply a new section than pay
a guy in the UK to put a ring back on. Does not tell you something about the price of the product compared to paying a rod builder £6 to do the job
What planet are you on

Calm down. The point was about broken rods, not whipping a new ring on so your comparison is flawed.

However, do you honestly believe that it is cheaper to manufacture and ship a rod section half way around the world, than to get a local guy to whip a new ring on? If you do, then fine, we can agree to differ.

And despite what you read in the Star, not all production facilities in Asia are sweat shops.

iain t

Reaction score
Any good rod builder will be able to splice a new tip on for you for around £25.