Trent national

flightliner

Reaction score
I understand Derby AA won the national on the Trent last weekend, anyone with more general info, state of river, other results etx?.

bracket

Reaction score
Peter. Thanks for the link to the results. Reading them, the mind boggles. Colin Walton fishing for Derby? he's a Newark man or was last time I spoke to him. My old mate Terry Moroz, a section winner, fishing for Scunthorpe? he's from Mansfield.The world's gone mad or my understanding of geograph is way out of kilter. Pete.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
It's also refreshing to see not all the framers were sponsored anglers.
Club anglers did ok too. The Tring anglers had a team in there somewhere....

flightliner

Reaction score
Aaahh, nice to see the Worksop lads get promoted.Big big congratulations.
Thanks for the link Peter.

Last edited:

silvers

Reaction score
sadly - Team fishing is on its knees and nationals are, for many, an opportunity to "guest" for a team on a venue that you like.
Wayne Swinscoe from Scunny is probably the funniest one!!
Looks like it didn't fish as well as last year's division 1.

flightliner

Reaction score
Some really bad pegs I've heard, I''ve been told that the winner and runner up were pretty close to each other ,then it was a rapidly diminishing return the further away competetitors were from them.
not so far away some top class matchmen could only scratch for ounces.
The tidal is the best place for a match of that importance providing the organisers choose a day /week when there are really big tides that top and begin to run off around the matches starting time, that way its pretty likely that the end results will be better for everybody taking place.
Take last week as an example, low tides, gin clear and hard to get a decant result, this week very high tides, all clouded up water and its fishing really well.

silvers

Reaction score
I'd suggest the detailed results actually show that the top anglers generally caught plenty ...... take for example Loughborough (actually a mix of Quorn and Shaky Superteam :) ) ..... they had over 3 kilos a person, except for two sections (G and H).