Pictures.

dicky123

Reaction score
I'd like to add a few pictures to my threads. So when I go to the top it asks for the URL, exactly what is that. I have pictures on my computer, how to get them from me to the page please?

Also I've found a button on the side that allows you to upload pictures beforehand to the site for future posts. Again how do you do that.

Please imagine I'm a 8 year old you talking to, sorry no make that an 85 year old. My bloody grandchildren know more than I do?:w

Thanks Richard.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I'd like to add a few pictures to my threads. So when I go to the top it asks for the URL, exactly what is that. I have pictures on my computer, how to get them from me to the page please?

Also I've found a button on the side that allows you to upload pictures beforehand to the site for future posts. Again how do you do that.

Please imagine I'm a 8 year old you talking to, sorry no make that an 85 year old. My bloody grandchildren know more than I do?:w

Thanks Richard.

Yea I quite agree Richard as I spent about 45 mins in typing an answer back to somebody only to find that I can't blimmin we'll post pics eaither,

Very annoying as I've never experienced this on other forums :wh

Fishing magic certainly hasn't made this feature particularly easy and user friendly :eek:hno:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Click on Gallery at the top left of the page.
Select upload photo.
Click on choose file.
Select Photo library.
This should take you to pics on your computer/phone.
Select your picture.
Click Upload.
You then get a message your picture has been successfully uploaded or another message telling you it's too big...
If it is successfully loaded you can then incorporate it into a post.
Click on Reply to a thread then look to the right under the Smileys.
My Photos.
Insert.
Job done.....
To make sure the picture is on successfully before you submit reply click on preview post first and check its there..

robtherake

Reaction score
...or use an external picture hosting site like Photobucket, in which case you don't need to worry about re-sizing the picture file. A quick search on here should unearth plenty of previous discussions on this subject.

thecrow

Reaction score
There is a very good link on here somewhere with binka going through the process using an outside host like photobucket but for the life of me I cant find it, anyone?

john step

Reaction score
Trying Peter Crabtree method .

PAHG!!!! Well that didn't work for this numb nut!

2 more unsuccessful attempts now....

I get as far as "successful download of photo" but when I go to REPLY on the thread and the SMILEY box all I get is a note saying there are none of my photos available.

I must be doing something wrong.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Trying..very trying! AGAIN

NOPE....thats it. Going for a lay down in a dark place. Give up!

Last edited:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
But it would much better if the actual picture appeared rather tjan just a link.

Other sites do it, why not FM?

john step

Reaction score
Binka.
I have registered to Photobucket. I got as far as your instructions say"right click reply"
Am I missing something here? Do you mean right click "post reply" or am I looking in the wrong place.

A box appears but nowhere is "paste".

I notice that at the bottom bon my FM page there is a list of things I can do.

However it says I cannot post attachments and my HMTL (whatever that is) is off.

Could this be relevant?

Cheers John:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

robtherake

Reaction score
It sounds as if you've uploaded the pic to PB and copied the picture's URL.

Now click on reply (on the relevant forum post) to open the usual dialogue box.

Right click on the reply box, where you want the pic to be, and select paste from the menu. The URL should now be displayed as a string of gobbledegook.

Preview the post and all should be well.

BTW - PB is on the blink due to scheduled maintenance and is only working intermittently right now, so don't worry if you can't get the page to load.

B

binka

If you've copied the image URL correctly John (single left click over the fourth box down as shown on the Photobucket page) it should briefly light up in yellow.

If you then go to your reply box on FM and single right click where you would normally type a box should then open up with "paste" being an option which you then just move down to and left click which will then transfer the image data to your post.

If the box is opening up but is not giving you the paste option it sounds as though you've not actually copied the information from the fourth box down on Photoucket?

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
If you've copied the image URL correctly John (single left clock over the fourth box down shown on the Photobucket page) it should briefly light up in yellow.

If you then go to your reply box on FM and single right click where you would normally type a box should then open up with "paste" being an option which you then just move down to and left click which will then transfer the image data to your post.

If the box is opening up but is not giving you the paste option it sounds as though you've not actually copied the information from the fourth box down on Imageshack?

Quit confusing 'im :D

john step

Reaction score

HOWZZAT!!!!!!!!

PS Thanks a million Binka!!! I didn't realise you actually meant click the box itself to get "paste"

When I calm down in a dark place shall have another go. I have written your instructions down.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
B

binka

Well spotted Rob, I wondered who would be the first to see that one :wh :D

I actually registered with Imageshack the other night due to bucket being on the blink so much these days, couldn't fathom where to get the image URL from to begin with but got it sussed now :)