Lady Angler..

carp dor

Reaction score
Good evening,

Female angler here, just starting out so please be gentle ;)

I've been looking through the threads and posts and there's a wealth of information, wisdom and help on this forum, and I'm hoping you can pass some of that on to me.

I live in Dorset, and have joined a local district angling association. Got my rod license and some tackle, but from what I've learned, you never stop collecting gear for some reason, so this could prove to be a costly venture :eek:

I've ventured out a couple of times already on my own, but I'm still learning, so you can imagine that I've failed miserably on both occasions.

It hasn't dampened my spirits though, and I will prevail! :rolleyes: Onwards and upwards, and I look forward to many happy days enjoying this great sport, and squeezing as much information and help as I can out of you lovely people.

Thanks!

Carp D'or

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
It hasn't dampened my spirits though, and I will prevail!
Welcome Carp D'or, you have the required attribute to succeed at the greatest pastime on the planet, you are an eternal optimist!;)

Enjoy the forum

Stu

carp dor

Reaction score
Thanks very much everybody. Yep always the eternal optimist me, let's hope it helps me catch the darn fish! :)

sumtime

Reaction score
Lot of respect to yer, girl, going out on yer own, don't aim for the stars too soon. I fished for six Sundays on the trot before my float moved, dipped and I was on to a gudgeon. I was totally hooked. Happy days to yer. ;)