Hello to you all from Scotland

mac92

Reaction score
Hello to you all names Duncan here but call me Mac, quite an inexperienced angler so decided to sign up to see if I can pick up on a few tips here and there so anything is welcome. Only fish coarse never tried any others used to fish with rod and rell but recently purchased a 6m pole which is bringing me a lot of enjoyment looking to upgrade soon so shall create a thread to see what everyone's advice on that matter would be, hope to learn plenty during my time browsing the forum and look forward to hopefully hearing some hints and tips from a few fellow users! Thanks for reading!

mac92

Reaction score
Thanks very much Derek and to you as well sawfish a warm welcome to you also hopefully bump into either of you around the forum during my time here, thanks again!

mac92

Reaction score
Hi Peter and thank you for the welcoming message, I'm from just outside Edinburgh are you also a fellow Scot? If so where are you located?

mac92

Reaction score
Thanks alot slaphead fingers crossed although I'm sure I'll find everything I need if I look around! Posted a thread on the "coarse fishing" forum involving me purchasing a new pole would be helpful if anyone who see's this could check it out and offer some advice! Thanks.

mac92

Reaction score
Ah fair enough Peter, ever stopped off anywhere on route home for some fishing? Not that Scotland offers much in terms of coarse fishing if that's what you do that is.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
These days Mac I tend to do much more fly fishing as there is less kit to carry around, and my apartment here in Aberdeen is right oppsite the River Dee whereas my home in Wiltshire is opposite to the Hampshire Avon

mac92

Reaction score
Oh I see! Perfect location then really isn't it? I have never tried fly fishing before it looks like too much work for me haha, I could imagine there are plenty of spots around Scotland for fly fishing though no so much coarse we only have a few fisheries dotted here and there that supply that option which is a real shame.